Unable to remove filament using red lever

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
abecker
Printmaster!

Unable to remove filament using red lever

Post by abecker »

Hey everyone, since day 1 I have been unable to remove filament from the machine by pressing on the red lever and pulling the filament out. I will retract enough of it from the hotend so I can see the end of the filament in the tube, but the only way I can finish removing it is by doing a lot of 100mm retracts. Has anyone else run into this issue?
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Re: Unable to remove filament using red lever

Post by Qdeathstar »

Yea.. What happens is than when you retract there is. Little ball of filament.. I can usually pull it all the way back to the extruder, then just use the white knob the rest of the way...
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Post by Qdeathstar »

Yours sound like it might be worse, so maybe check on the tightness of the hotend/heatbreak assembly
abecker
Printmaster!

Post by abecker »

Mine is when the filament is completely out of the hotend and the tip of the filament is in the bowden tube.
noventix
Printmaster!

Post by noventix »

I would check to see if the tension is too tight on the extruder. Loosen the screw a bit to see if it helps.
Rostock Max V2. E3D V6 Hotend. E3D Titan Extruder. TrickLaser Carbon Fiber 300mm Arms. TrickLaser MaxMetal Platform. TrickLaser Trick Trucks. TrickLaser Heat Spreader. TrickLaser LED Light Ring. MeanWell SP-500-24. Simplify3D.
joe
Printmaster!

Post by joe »

You will have to get the hotend up to temperature, turn the knob to extrude a little filament to get it molten, press and hold the red lever and pull the filament out in fluid motion before the flared end cools. Works every time.

Return to “Troubleshooting”