Best Tower Rotation Setting Yet

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Rolffeof6
Prints-a-lot

Best Tower Rotation Setting Yet

Post by Rolffeof6 »

Tried some additional tower rotations [Alpha A(210)] today centering around the previous best Alpha A of 210.4
The new champion on my machine is 210.425.

See the attached.
Rostock 100 Alpha 210.425_90_330.jpg
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Re: Best Tower Rotation Setting Yet

Post by Tincho85 »

Excuse my silly question, but what is this that you are sharing?
Could you elaborate for us mortal souls :P
Martín S.
IMBoring25
Printmaster!

Post by IMBoring25 »

He's measuring heights with a dial indicator every 15 degrees on a 100-mm circle to experimentally glean the changes in Z that result from changing the tower rotations in the firmware (the numbers after "Rostock 100 Alpha" in the first row of text).

I think you can probably get there from perturbing the kinematic equations (and calculate the error in X and Y as well) but I haven't gotten a chance to dig into those.
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Post by Tincho85 »

IMBoring25 wrote:He's measuring heights with a dial indicator every 15 degrees on a 100-mm circle to experimentally glean the changes in Z that result from changing the tower rotations in the firmware (the numbers after "Rostock 100 Alpha" in the first row of text).

I think you can probably get there from perturbing the kinematic equations (and calculate the error in X and Y as well) but I haven't gotten a chance to dig into those.
That's cool, thank you.
Martín S.
Rolffeof6
Prints-a-lot

Post by Rolffeof6 »

Tincho85- I have 2 previous posts that provide detail and how I generate the charts. Both post titles begin with "Tower Rotation Study".
dc42
Printmaster!

Post by dc42 »

Have you tried plugging the height errors into my delta calibration calculator at http://www.escher3d.com and letting it work out the tower angles that give you the least sum of the squares of the height errors?
Rolffeof6
Prints-a-lot

Post by Rolffeof6 »

dc42- Thanks for your post. I have not tried, but I certainly will.
Rolffeof6
Prints-a-lot

Post by Rolffeof6 »

dc42- Tried your calibration calculator. Nozzle height/leveling problems are gone! Never printed as good as it is printing now.

I ran your calculator several times and each time made the suggested corrections. Since my dial indicator tilts the effector, I can't use it to make absolute adjustments- only relative measurements. After I entered the last set of parameter changes from our calculator, I then set all tower endstop offsets to zero and screwed the tower enstop screws in a full turn to prevent a possible bed crash. I then performed the paper tower endstop screw (height) adjustment per the owners manual. Voila.

Thank you for making your calculator available! It is a world saver! Anyone who has leveling issues should give your tool a try.

THANKS AGAIN!

Return to “Troubleshooting”