Steppers move in one direction only

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
noventix
Printmaster!

Steppers move in one direction only

Post by noventix »

Hi all

I tore down my Rostock Max V2 to fix a layer shifting issue, and replaced some cables at the same time. I just got everything assembled and am now having a weird problem.

The stepper motors will only move in one direction. The carriages will move down but not up. I have disconnected as many things as possible to narrow this down, and the problem persists. I also re-flashed with the basic firmware and still can't resolve this. I am suspecting maybe the Rambo is damaged. My stepper motor cables are unchanged from before the fixes, and they were working fine before.

LCD works fine, and I can move the carriages down from MatterControl. Just not up. And the same applies across all the axis motors.

Thanks in advance!
Rostock Max V2. E3D V6 Hotend. E3D Titan Extruder. TrickLaser Carbon Fiber 300mm Arms. TrickLaser MaxMetal Platform. TrickLaser Trick Trucks. TrickLaser Heat Spreader. TrickLaser LED Light Ring. MeanWell SP-500-24. Simplify3D.
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Steppers move in one direction only

Post by Nylocke »

Sounds like your endstops aren't wired correctly. The board thinks they are triggered so they won't move up.
noventix
Printmaster!

Re: Steppers move in one direction only

Post by noventix »

Argh. Such a rookie mistake. That was totally it. Thanks!!
Rostock Max V2. E3D V6 Hotend. E3D Titan Extruder. TrickLaser Carbon Fiber 300mm Arms. TrickLaser MaxMetal Platform. TrickLaser Trick Trucks. TrickLaser Heat Spreader. TrickLaser LED Light Ring. MeanWell SP-500-24. Simplify3D.

Return to “Troubleshooting”