Tower Angles to bed

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Tower Angles to bed

Post by DeltaCon »

In an attempt to make my Max V2 build more accurate I recently bought a digital angle measurement tool (dunno the English term ;-) ) I am measuring the tower angles against the printbed (vertical alignments) and are measuring X=89.8 / Y=90.2 / Z=89.9 degrees. That is not as bad as I supposed it was but I have no reference. Are these values I should live with or do I need to make improvement?

Can someone point me to an easy to follow method for correcting these angles, and to a method to check the horizontal alignment of the towers?
Thanks!
Attachments
VerticalTowerAlignment.jpg
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
bot
Printmaster!

Re: Tower Angles to bed

Post by bot »

I bet if you look at the specs of that tool, it is only accurate to =/- 0.3 degrees, so basically useless considering your measurements all fall within that range.

I recently squared up my custom printer using a machinist square (12" one) and it worked well. You'll need something that is precisely square.
*not actually a robot
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

Yes, this is one of the cheap crappy ones indeed. I zeroed it on the glass bed though. And supposing it was a good one, at how many degrees off should I be worried, and how much would it have cost me?

Edit:
Oh, I just looked up the term "machinist angle" and it looks like you meant the fixed angle type kind. The are not very expensive of course...
Question stands: should I be worried about let's say under half degree slant? Will that be measurable in the end result of a print?
And where do I find some documentation or guide on how to proceed correcting this? Gene's manual is great but not very elaborate on this.
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

I never figured out how to adjust it on the rostock max. On my custom printer, I raised the bed at points to be true to the towers (after I made the towers as equidistant and parallel to each other).
*not actually a robot

Return to “Troubleshooting”