Cobaltrod
Prints-a-lot

Need help with understanding New Calibration issue

Post by Cobaltrod »

Hello,
I have 2 Rostock Max's a V1 and V2, both upgraded to the following:
Axteeg X3 Pro, Viki2 Display panel, 24V bed, thermistors and Fans
E3D V6 hot ends.

Recently I upgraded the V2 Hotend to the E3D Cyclops, and upgraded the Extruders to the BondTech QRs. One other change, was the voltage to the motors, moving it from 12V to 24V, as recommended for the Bondtech QRs.
When I printed the 20mm Calibration, It is way too large, 26mmX26mmX13.5mm instead of 20mmX20mmX10mm. The mounting was a little different, so I thought Delta_Diagonal Rod might need to be adjusted slightly from 269 to calibrate L X W X H as necessary, but I have to change it to 340 to get the object 20mmX20mmX13mm, and, even then the print looks kinda crappy. I don't understand this. I can't figure out why such a large change is required, and even with the large change, why the height didn't really change? I've confirmed StepsPerMM is correctly set to 106.67 and yields expected movement results, and checked other values, but I can't find any reason why I'm having these calibration issues or how to resolve it.

I've included my config.h, and pics of the different mounting. Can someone please take a look and help me figure out, Thanks, Rodney
Configuration.h
My Confg.h file.
(35.59 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Cobaltrod
Prints-a-lot

Re: Need help with understanding New Calibration issue

Post by Cobaltrod »

PS. I also tried different slicer and slicer settings. No luck.
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

The V1 and V2 likely have different pulleys with different steps per mm. The v2 should be 80 if its a 20 tooth pulley on a 1.8 degree stepper with 16x microstepping.

Youre off by a factor of 3/4ths on steps per mm. Using this ratio, a 20x20mm cube would be 26x26 (invert 3/4 to 4/3 and multiply by 20). Your V2 has 20 tooth pulleys and the V1 has 15 tooth pulleys
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

The very first machines used different pulleys. I agree, look at that first.

Return to “Troubleshooting”