warping

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Gaffanon
Plasticator

warping

Post by Gaffanon »

Hi im having an issue when printing large objects one corner and it is the same corner lifts from the bed. Do i have something not adjusted correctly, i( it is probably that) or is the bed temp to low 60dgrees C and Im printing PLA, i have not printed anything large in Abs yet so i dont know it is consistant through materials. Any thought would be helpful.
oh and can I raise the X an Y axis in settings so I have more adjustment in the stop screws they are all the way in and cant screw in any farther.could this be the Issue?
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: warping

Post by Jimustanguitar »

The manual outlines how to adjust your z-height. The screws you're using are only for leveling the machine, not changing the height.

I'm confident that's your issue. If you don't stick the first layer just right, it won't adhere and you'll have all sorts of problems.
Gaffanon
Plasticator

Post by Gaffanon »

So can I bring up and down on the outside corner through software? because Z height in the center is dead on and that side appears to be the same I measured paper till i found on that was .2 mm and it just touched that paper just scraped it.
Gaffanon
Plasticator

Post by Gaffanon »

its not my z heigth the part im printing now which is the holder for the matter control touch is warping higher and higher off the bed as it prints. im watching it lift off the bed.i am hard pressed to believ its the Z height. doesnt mean im wrong, however
skappes
Plasticator

Post by skappes »

I also ended up at full travel on one of the stop screws while calibrating. The solution is to simply reverse the direction of all the screws by the same amount. You can then continue to adjust the problem tower relative to the others.
MorganTH
Plasticator

Post by MorganTH »

I don't know the PLA ( never printing it.), but when i get warping problems, using a brim can be a nice solution. Did you tried it with your parts ?
Gaffanon
Plasticator

Post by Gaffanon »

I use a raft but i might need a bigger one and thank you for the tip on the towers that is just what i needed to know
MorganTH
Plasticator

Post by MorganTH »

Bigger raft didn't help a lot against warping ( imo ). When I print nylon, PC or other kind of tricky materials, I prefer to use the same part and make a huge ( 5mm) $raft for beat the warping. Did you tried to use glue for a more sticky bed ? This can help in some situations.
Gaffanon
Plasticator

Post by Gaffanon »

i do use glue. I going to try readjusting the z height at each tower again and see if that corrects the issue.

Return to “Troubleshooting”