Help Needed: Arm Z height calibration

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
beilmandesign
Printmaster!

Help Needed: Arm Z height calibration

Post by beilmandesign »

I just now calibrated my z height in the middle of the bed. The manual (page 239) is telling me to:

Click the “Home All” icon on the Movement Controls and then stick a sheet of paper under the nozzle, just like you did when setting the Z height. Approach the zero point 1mm at a time by clicking on the down arrow for the Z axis. If you pinch the sheet of paper really hard before you hit the zero height point, use a #2 Philips screwdriver to turn the end stop adjustment screw two full turns to the right.

While in MatterCcontrol - how do I see where I am in relation to the zero point?
bot
Printmaster!

Re: Help Needed: Arm Z height calibration

Post by bot »

You can use the printer LCD menu to adjust z height. It will also tell you where you are, and even allow you to go BELOW z0. Never used MC, sorry.
*not actually a robot
beilmandesign
Printmaster!

Post by beilmandesign »

Thanks very much. I did not know the z-axis position was reported on the lcd screen but I discovered it.
Kitecraft
Printmaster!

Post by Kitecraft »

Ya that bit gave me trouble too.
The problem line is the first sentence. Do NOT click the 'Home All'.

The previous line had you enter the command "G0 Z5 X0 Y90 F3500". This will position the nozzle @ the Z tower and 5mm above the bed.
Now, DO NOT click the home button.
In the manual controls, make sure you have the 1mm option selected. Now, if things are perfect, you should be able to hit the Z-Down control 5 times and the nozzle will then be the paper-widths above the bed.
But, it may not be because the end-stop has not been adjusted.
What will likely happen is one of two things:
You hit the plate before the zero point (meaning before you clicked 5 times/5 mm).
OR
After 5 clicks, the nozzle is still too high.

What you are doing in this step is simply ensuring that the nozzle will NOT hit the plate @ the zero point. If you do not do this first, but were to instead just run the macros you created, you could end up driving the nozzle into the glass and breaking something.

Do this for Z, Y, and X
Once you KNOW that the nozzle is above the plate at all points, THEN you can run the macros safely and perform the end-stop adjustments.

I hope that helps.
Cheers.

Return to “Troubleshooting”