Rostock Max V2 issue!

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
PowderLab Drew
Plasticator

Rostock Max V2 issue!

Post by PowderLab Drew »

So I am having an issue...

I made it through the calibration and everything is great.. When I go to actually print something, I slice it and send the file to the printer- the printer starts moving and then its almost like it resets. The LCD cycles through like you just turned it on and the printer stops. I have tried it with every software I could find and it does the same thing..

Another part of the puzzle- preheating the nozzle works great but if I try and preheat the bed, it does the same thing. LCD cycles through and the printer does nothing.

Last night I took the bed off and made sure the connections were all good and there was no bridging on the solder areas. I even swapped PSUs with a bigger one and it did the same thing.

Please help! I am DYING to see this thing actually print something!!!!!

Drew
Brian
Printmaster!

Re: Rostock Max V2 issue!

Post by Brian »

It sounds like a short in the bed heater wiring is resetting the power supply or the power supply is defective and when the bed starts pulling a lot of current it dies and resets itself.
PowderLab Drew
Plasticator

Post by PowderLab Drew »

Hi Brian, thanks for the reply.

I actually ended up running new, larger wire from the bed to the RAMBO last night, I wasn't able to test it because I blew one of those nano fuses screwing with the power wires... Hopefully Radio Shack has those!
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Post by bvandiepenbos »

I doubt that the Shack has any.
You can get them from Ultimachine
https://ultimachine.com/content/fuse-0448005mr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is that the fuse you are looking for?
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
MAX METAL Rostock MAX Printer Frame
NEMESIS Air Delta v1 & v2 -Aluminum delta printers
Rostock MAX "KITT" - Tri-Force Frame
GRABER i3 "Slim"
PowderLab Drew
Plasticator

Post by PowderLab Drew »

Yea, that's it.. I was REALLY hoping to find some locally since overnighting a 1$ fuse from them is over $40.00!!

Return to “Troubleshooting”