E3d v6 thermister settings for duet?

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
buggy
Printmaster!

E3d v6 thermister settings for duet?

Post by buggy »

Hey guys so i recently completed my upgrades on my v2 adding the duet wifi, fsr kit, and titan extruder. The issue im running into and cant seem to find the correct settings deals with the v6 thermister.

I bought the upgrade kit for my e3d v6 a while back that changes the thermister to the cartridge style. Ive tried the different resister settings but i still run into temp issues. It seems like my hotend doesnt get to the proper temp so there is a lot of back pressure at the extruder. This causes my extruder to skip and jam the hotend.

The thermister settings ive tried are 4726, and 4267. Anyone have any suggestions?
dc42
Printmaster!

Re: E3d v6 thermister settings for duet?

Post by dc42 »

The settings for RepRapFirmware are given in the V6 installation instructions on E3D's wiki site.

Don't assume that your previous electronics/firmware combination gave accurate readings, or that the temperature difference between the nozzle and the thermistor is exactly the same as it was before you changed to the new thermistor and heater block.
buggy
Printmaster!

Post by buggy »

Thank you that is very good information. I tried the value listed in the e3d v6 instructions with the results i listed above. I wasnt sure if the value was different between the old style of thermister and the new cartridge type. I will try the value again and see if i just transposed a number last time.
dc42
Printmaster!

Post by dc42 »

According to E3D the thermistor parameters are unchanged between the old and the new types.

Note that it's not just the B value that you need to set, it's important to use matching B and C values in the M305 command.
buggy
Printmaster!

Post by buggy »

Oh ok I will check to make sure I have the correct B and C values! Thank you for the fast and helpful responses!
buggy
Printmaster!

Post by buggy »

where do i define the c value? this is what my current M305 command line looks like in the config.g
M305 P1 T100000 B4725 R4700 H30 L0
dc42
Printmaster!

Post by dc42 »

buggy
Printmaster!

Post by buggy »

Thank you the help!

Return to “Troubleshooting”