RainBot Filament Review

User-Generated tips and tricks for the Rostock Max, Orion, H1.1, or H1 Printers
tom10122
Printmaster!

RainBot Filament Review

Post by tom10122 »

Just got some, very cheap ,$28.00 plus $5 shipping, Ordered red PLA 3mm. It is slightly translucent, not plain red like I wanted but I have notified them and they have changed the description of it. I am printing now, will let you know . https://rainbot3d.com/
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: RainBot Filament Review

Post by Eaglezsoar »

tom10122 wrote:Just got some, very cheap ,$28.00 plus $5 shipping, Ordered red PLA 3mm. It is slightly translucent, not plain red like I wanted but I have notified them and they have changed the description of it. I am printing now, will let you know . https://rainbot3d.com/
I visited the store and it looks like they carry quite a variety. I may be interested in trying some of their filament but they don't indicate where they ship from and I will not buy filament from any reseller outside of the USA. Could you tell us
where they ship from? Please keep us updated on your opinion of the filament as you use it. Thanks for the tip.
tom10122
Printmaster!

Post by tom10122 »

They ship from texas, I don't buy from outside of the US Either. I so far have printed some linear bearings, emeralds, crystals, LM8UU holder and an octopus. Seems like great filament , melts at a little lower temp then my previous white PLA. Tolerances seem pretty good, I have no caliper so I can't say that is accurate No jams once I got my temp set . It is as very flexible for PLA , Love it and will buy more again. My only Con is that they described the red wrong, in the picture it looks like plain red but when you print it is translucent and changes colors alittle. Cool but not what I was going for. Once again, I contacted them and was told they changed the description.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

tom10122 wrote:They ship from texas, I don't buy from outside of the US Either. I so far have printed some linear bearings, emeralds, crystals, LM8UU holder and an octopus. Seems like great filament , melts at a little lower temp then my previous white PLA. Tolerances seem pretty good, I have no caliper so I can't say that is accurate No jams once I got my temp set . It is as very flexible for PLA , Love it and will buy more again. My only Con is that they described the red wrong, in the picture it looks like plain red but when you print it is translucent and changes colors alittle. Cool but not what I was going for. Once again, I contacted them and was told they changed the description.
Thanks, I'll give them a try. The stuff I get from Amazon varies wildly from one roll to the next.
Av8r RC
Printmaster!

Post by Av8r RC »

Do you know from where in Texas? I'm in Dallas and it would be awesome if I had a filament supplier close to me.

Edit: after doing some searching I found out that they are located in Fort Worth. I will have to try them out. Nice to know that I have a supplier that is somewhat close to me. Hope they aren't on the west side though.lol
jbinion
Printmaster!

Post by jbinion »

When you get the address please let me know. I live in Wichita Falls so it is pretty close for me as well.
tom10122
Printmaster!

Post by tom10122 »

I think it says :3421 W Sylvania, fort worth , 76111, it is hand written though so there is a chance I read it wrong. Might want to map quest it.
Av8r RC
Printmaster!

Post by Av8r RC »

Thanks! I just googled it and it would take me an hour to get there. Ugg. I just shot them a message to see if they have a Will Call and if they are open on the weekends.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I've printed one part (90 minute print time) with the Natural PLA I bought from them last week. It appears to be good material, BUT the rolls are too wide to fit the spool holder on the Rostock MAX. You'll need to build some kind of adapter rig if you want the spool in the right spot.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
jesse
Printmaster!

Post by jesse »

I'm getting some errors from the site about loading non-SSL content from a SSL domain.

The page looks messed up and jQuery didn't load.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/78n8OPM.png[/img]
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Now that's interesting. The site renders properly in FireFox, but is a total mess with Chrome. Weird.

g.
Delta Power!
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

It renders perfectly on Safari on a Mac.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
tom10122
Printmaster!

Post by tom10122 »

I think they are a pretty new company , which would explain the website issues. I use IE because Everything else doesn't run well On win8 . Works fine .
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Why would they require a birthdate for registration? Today is officially my birthday!

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I emailed him about that when I first signed up. You can stick whatever you want in there - it apparently is a default part of the shopping cart and he hasn't (or doesn't know how to) removed it yet.

g.
Delta Power!
Av8r RC
Printmaster!

Post by Av8r RC »

tom10122 wrote:I think it says :3421 W Sylvania, fort worth , 76111, it is hand written though so there is a chance I read it wrong. Might want to map quest it.
This is their correct address.

I talked to Evan via e-mail today, and will be going by his shop to pick up some filament tomorrow. I got the conductive black, white, glow in the dark green and blue ABS. Along with orange and white PLA.

I'll report back with some results after I do some printing with some of it.

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mhackney!
oeginc
Printmaster!

Post by oeginc »

Anyone have a consensus on this filament yet? I've ordered a bunch of Jet 1.75mm PLA that has been given me troubles, width varies anywhere from 1.68mm -> 1.86mm and some parts of the filament look like they have been crushed so bad they won't fit thru the adapter (my prints literally stop in the middle, I have to cut that piece out and re-thread it).
tom10122
Printmaster!

Post by tom10122 »

I have used their red + royal blue filament ( glow in the dark) with no problems but it was 3mm, Using a Bowden setup on my H-1.
barnett
Printmaster!

Post by barnett »

I had a problem with their light blue florescent ABS where it was coming out bumpy.

After baking in the oven, it was much better. I haven't stored any filament in boxes with desiccant, just out in the open. Only this one roll has had trouble and that was fresh out the package.
jesse
Printmaster!

Post by jesse »

1.75 mm Glow-in-the-dark PLA worked fine in my experience

Return to “General Tips 'N Tricks”