Need tips for changing temperature of hot end over a print

User-Generated tips and tricks for the Rostock Max, Orion, H1.1, or H1 Printers
rhoded
Prints-a-lot

Need tips for changing temperature of hot end over a print

Post by rhoded »

I would like to know if there is way to generate GCODE so that you can control the temperature of the hot end throughout a print. Reason being, I've heard you can color wood filament by increasing the temperature of the hot end. I haven't found anything yet online (maybe I'm not searching with the right terms). I realize that the temperature changes wouldn't be exact, but even just offering that aesthetic possibility would be cool. Thanks!
joe
Printmaster!

Re: Need tips for changing temperature of hot end over a print

Post by joe »

Just change it on the LCD. Go To extruder menu and you should see them temp setting. Do not exceed 235.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

@rhoded - there is a gcode post processing script to add temperature variations to files you intend to print with Laywood to accomplish exactly this. You can also do it manually as joe suggested (or from your computer if you print from a host) but you then have to be there and tweak the temps until its done. Try googling laywood + gcode + temperature and you should find it. I think it was also posted on thingiverse too.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
rhoded
Prints-a-lot

Post by rhoded »

Thanks a lot mhackney and joe! I'll try messing around in the software for now but here is the stuff on thingiverse:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:49276
He has a web tool now for it so I'll definitely check that out!

Return to “General Tips 'N Tricks”