ROSTOCK MAX ASSEMBLY assembly tool idea.

User-Generated tips and tricks for the Rostock Max, Orion, H1.1, or H1 Printers
SPICETRADERS
Plasticator

ROSTOCK MAX ASSEMBLY assembly tool idea.

Post by SPICETRADERS »

When I build projects I kind of look for the easier or simpler way of doing things, I would say better but for every better there is always another way that is better to some one.

So I will post several helpful thoughts to share on the Rostock MAX V2 assembly.

This post is on the bearings. While I might have tried the screw driver handle I just like the old thought a screw driver is for turning screws and the handle does not need to fit any thing but my hand.
I do have a larger air powered bearing press but it was just to large and way over kill for small bearings.
I have in past had several other times that I have needed to press some very small items so decided to see what I might work out to do this step.

I stumbled onto a item at the local harbor freight tools that will work very nice for small items needing pressed into place.
It is a watch face/case press. Small with a handful of nylon press faces. With a 20% coupon it was right at $10
To make it fit exact for the bearing size I went to my local hardware store that sells hillman bag parts and bought a small steel bushing (1/4 x 5/8 x 1/2) this fits the outer bearing edge almost exact.
This setup pressed the bearing in clean and square.
Attachments
IMG_1511.jpg
IMG_1511.jpg (27.37 KiB) Viewed 4220 times
IMG_1510.jpg
IMG_1510.jpg (34.65 KiB) Viewed 4220 times
==If it is not HOT and SUNNY then the END is NEAR==
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Re: ROSTOCK MAX ASSEMBLY assembly tool idea.

Post by Qdeathstar »

I just used a 5mm socket and a really big hammer.
knabo
Printmaster!

Post by knabo »

I also used a socket and a smallish hammer. A press would have been nice though.
OXOCube75
Noob

Post by OXOCube75 »

I'm just putting mine together right now and used a small C-clamp to push them in. The clamp head was the right size to fit the bearing.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Thanks for all the great ideas! These tips could come in quite useful for a new builder!
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”

Return to “General Tips 'N Tricks”