Where do I set the Extruder Temperature?

User-Generated tips and tricks for the Rostock Max, Orion, H1.1, or H1 Printers
Segrest
Plasticator

Where do I set the Extruder Temperature?

Post by Segrest »

Hello Everyone,

I am using a MAX V2 printer with a HE280 hot end and Matter Control v1.6.

I decided that I wanted to raise the extruder temperature a bit and seem to be struggling with the process. I can certainly change the settings in the Controls panel, but this gets overwritten when you start a print. I tried editing the extruder temperature in the Settings Filament Temperatures menu and when I push the print button, the temperatures that get sent to the printer are the old values. I have also tried editing the temperatures in the Material PLA filament settings menu and verified that my changes have appear to have been changed, but when I push the print button the temperatures that get sent to the printer are the old values.

I haven't found a Save button and am on the whole rather frustrated at this point... Can someone please tell me what I am missing?

Bob
Dale Eason
Printmaster!

Re: Where do I set the Extruder Temperature?

Post by Dale Eason »

I have matter control 1.6.1 For me if I change them as you have in the under the extruder temperature settings they are correct in the output file when I tell it to print. Under older versions of matter control there use to be a little save box/button that appeared right below the Material box. The new version just automatically save them I think.

Dale
Segrest
Plasticator

Post by Segrest »

Hi Dale,

I am running Matter Control 1.6.1 as well. I edited the profile, reopened and verified the changes in the profile, selected a different profile, verified a change in the settings menu, selected the edited profile and verified that the new profile values are displayed in the settings menu. But when I push print the old values are still loaded.

I have tried rebooting the computer and power cycling the printer just to be sure I wasn't dealing with an obscure cache issue.

Still open to suggestions...

Bob
Dale Eason
Printmaster!

Post by Dale Eason »

Take a look at the gcode produced by using the save to folder option. Perhaps you will see two extruder temp settings in that. One that you desire and then the one that gets set by the printer. Maybe they are set in the predefined custom g-codes under printer custom g-code.
Dale Eason
Printmaster!

Post by Dale Eason »

Or Maybe you don't have the Start G-Code defined which sets the printer temp.
Mine has
M104 S[temperature]
M190 S[bed_temperature]
M109 S[temperature]
G28
Segrest
Plasticator

Post by Segrest »

I hadn't thought to look at the G-code, great idea!

The g-code contains M104 and M190 commands with the old temperature. There are only two M104 commands. The 1st near the start of the print to set the temp and another near the end to set the temp to zero. I have been using the default MatterSlice option and just selected Slic3r with the same resulting codes in a slightly different format.

All of this leads me to conclude that there is something wrong with my MatterControl installation or configuration. I would be very interested in ideas about how to resolve this without uninstalling, clearing my settings and starting over...

Bob
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

If the old settings are in the gcode and the new settings are in the configuration, then the gcode hasn't been re-created using the new settings. Rename the old file to something else and force the regeneration of the file.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “General Tips 'N Tricks”