Interfacing to the new HE280 accelerometer...

A place to talk about user-made mods and upgrades to their machines
Duckle
Noob

Re: Interfacing to the new HE280 accelerometer...

Post by Duckle »

Home soldering these are probably going to be the hardest part. That's a 2x2mm LGA12 package (Land Grid Array, 12 pins under there, no exposed pads) and a 3x3mm QFN20 package (Quad Flat No-lead, 20 pins under there, no exposed leads)
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

I only need to solder the prototypes production will be complete. I ordered a stencil and have an oven so it should be fine. I've done worse!

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
Duckle
Noob

Post by Duckle »

After some feedback from mhackney, I've redesigned the PCB for the next revision.
The major difference is that the board now has better mounting, and better IO for a final unit, and support for SPI communication between the accelerometer and chip has been ditched as it wasn't used, as has configurable address for the accelerometer. There were also some chip IO considerations that were better dealt with.

This has all resulted in this new board:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/CTOzHsc.png[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/l70Q54B.png[/img]

Mounting is now 4 M3 clearance holes (3.2mm) and space for 6mm diameter bolts. spaced 15mm apart horizontally and 21.6mm 20mm vertically.

Edit: Sqeezed the mounting holes in a bit to fit them to a 5mm grid.
WZ9V
Printmaster!

Post by WZ9V »

Any updates?
PannDemic
Printmaster!

Post by PannDemic »

Now that the holidays are beyond us, any updates? I am very excited about this project and really hope to see more.

Thanks again for the hard work.
tomcapizzi
Plasticator

Post by tomcapizzi »

I am having problems with the new HE280, and customer support tells me it is the result of the machine not recognizing the accellerometer.

I upgraded my old(er) Orion hotend, arms, wire harness, and shuttles..and the software (as far as I have gotten so far) cannot be loaded in a way that the machine knows which way is up!

The calibration fails every time I upload the recent builds of the EEPROM firmware. When I load the 2015 build, the printer homes perfectly the first time (of course the new hotend fails!). Loading the new software, the hotend works, but it will not calibrate, and will not home. When I hit "home" the printer lowers about and inch until the hotend crashes on the bed.

Has anyone had this happen? How did you fix it?

Return to “Mods and Upgrades”