Bondtech QR filament driver

A place to talk about user-made mods and upgrades to their machines
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Bondtech QR filament driver

Post by Eaglezsoar »

mhackney wrote:If you order on the BondTech site, it is pointed out that you need the adapter for Bowden usage. I can't speak for the US distributor as I have not looked at their site.

None of the insignias are upside down on mine, is yours?
You have the adapter, I do not so to use the Bondtech as a bowden on the output the insignia would be upside down.
I wrote the previous message to help others that buy the Bondtech to be sure to buy the adapter.
Does the adapter require one of the press in Bowden connector or can you use a screw in?
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Ah, so you turned it upside down so you could use the infeed PTC for the outfeed. I get it.

The adapter just fits in the output side with the standard groove mount - it looks sort of like the izStruder coupler. I don't know if it has the same groove though. Mine actually came with it already installed but you have top open the extruder to mount it. If you but it profited with a geared stepper I think it is already to go with the connector installed too. Again, I am not sure what the US guy is doing.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

mhackney wrote:Ah, so you turned it upside down so you could use the infeed PTC for the outfeed. I get it.

The adapter just fits in the output side with the standard groove mount - it looks sort of like the izStruder coupler. I don't know if it has the same groove though. Mine actually came with it already installed but you have top open the extruder to mount it. If you but it profited with a geared stepper I think it is already to go with the connector installed too. Again, I am not sure what the US guy is doing.
From now on it is the Sweden site for me. The US distributor does not carry everything he should. Live and learn.
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Hey, you folks with the QR. would any of you mind taking a set of calibers to them real quick and tell me their approximate dimensions, X,Y, and Z. I'm working on a design where I want that info, to find their footprint. Thanks in advance
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Post by bvandiepenbos »

Did you check the BondTech site?
I would think there are drawings and .stl files.
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
MAX METAL Rostock MAX Printer Frame
NEMESIS Air Delta v1 & v2 -Aluminum delta printers
Rostock MAX "KITT" - Tri-Force Frame
GRABER i3 "Slim"
delta22
Prints-a-lot

Post by delta22 »

Those sample prints are beautiful.

Would you expect the 2x Bondtech QR + Cyclops to work well for ABS with HIPS support?
Recommended extrusion temperatures look very similar for both materials.

Is it correct that the stock Arduino in the Rostock MAX v2 is capable of supporting this dual filament setup?
Firmware upgrade required?
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

@Xenocrates:
43mm wide x 56mm tall x 31mm deep (not including the stepper in the depth, that adds another 60mm depending on stepper).

#delta22:
I have no doubt that the QRs will push HIPS and ABS through the Cyclops. I haven't done it but it should have no problems.

Also, it isn't the "stock Arduino" - the RAMBo controller board has an Arduino processor on it. Arduino doesn't care how many extruders you have, that's a function of the controller board. In this case, RAMBo does indeed support 2 extruders and hot ends. Firmware upgrade is required (you WANT to be running the latest with the new virtual extruder support and support for switching hot ends).

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

bvandiepenbos wrote:Did you check the BondTech site?
I had found STL's for the V2, but not drawings or STL's for the QR.

And thanks mike. saves me a bit of hassle trying to turn the pictures they have into dimensions.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Windshadow
Printmaster!

Post by Windshadow »

Xenocrates wrote:
bvandiepenbos wrote:Did you check the BondTech site?
I had found STL's for the V2, but not drawings or STL's for the QR.

And thanks mike. saves me a bit of hassle trying to turn the pictures they have into dimensions.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/819 ... techQR.PDF
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/819 ... techQR.PDF[/img]
I have printed the Rostock STL mount from the bond tech site thoughts on using it are on the other thread at http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... 218#p85218" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bondtech.se/download/710/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it is the nighthawk version of Hackney's with 50mm spacing and they added Bond tech logo
Last edited by Windshadow on Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Very nice PDF there wind. Thanks for that. But it's a PDF not an image, so you'll need to use the "[url]" tags for it, rather than the image ones.
Machines:
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Lightpath
Printmaster!

Post by Lightpath »

This "filament driver" is quite nice. I am very impressed by the quality, and it works quite well.

Return to “Mods and Upgrades”