New Builder with a few questions

Introduce yourself to the community!
MessyhairKris
Plasticator

New Builder with a few questions

Post by MessyhairKris »

Hello everyone,

My name is Kris Struble, and I am very excited to join the 3d Printing family here at SeeMeCNC. I have worked all day yesterday to put together my device, but I seem to hit an impasse. I got to Step 5, and I do not seem to have parts that resemble the drawings or exploded view. Is there a parts list that has photos of the parts so I know for sure whether I am missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated! If you are in the Bay Area, I would love to talk in person to ease into this tech. Anyone in SF?

Kris
tom10122
Printmaster!

Re: New Builder with a few questions

Post by tom10122 »

It'd help of you told Us what part of the machine you are building, step 5 is somewhat vague
MessyhairKris
Plasticator

Post by MessyhairKris »

Looks like they are called the triple Bearing Sub assembly and double Bearing sub assembly. Going from the H-1 assembly guide, the section marked step 5 was what I was referring to. Sorry about the vagueness, I am very excited to get the little guy up and running. I do not have plastic parts that resemble the ones shown in the build guide. I know that some of the parts were changed between H-1 and H-1-1, so I was wondering if anyone had a photo of those parts so I know whether the pieces are missing or have just changed.

I also forgot the important step of introducing myself. My name is Kris Struble, I live in San Francisco and work as a Camp Director/ After-school Coordinator. I have a keen interest in the future of education, and really believe all of you really are on the verge of something great. I hope to build a program to educate children and adults in open source tech such as Arduino and 3d printing to encourage more interest in math and science that will hopefully lead to more engineers and more innovation. I want open source hardware and software at the core of my program so we can level the field and foster this love for science and tinkering among all communities. I would love to meet others in the Bay area who have more experience in these fields than I to soften the learning curve and so I can start developing programs. I chose SeeMeCNC as my starter printer, as I wanted to get my feet wet with building a unit, but wasn't quite ready to source all my own parts. I appreciate any help I might receive from this forum. Thanks for looking!

Kris
BrainSlugs83
Printmaster!

Post by BrainSlugs83 »

Oh, it sounds like you're building the H-1.1 going from the H1's instructions. I don't have an H-1.1 but, I mean, just from the pictures, you can see that those pieces aren't there -- they've replaced the bearings with something newer and more betterer -- it's my understanding that this is the main (but not only) improvement in the H1.1.
MessyhairKris
Plasticator

Post by MessyhairKris »

That is exactly what I am doing, I don't believe there are instructions for the H-1.1 as of yet. I couldn't find them at least. I found a thread that pointed out some of the differences between the build, but it didn't cover the whole machine. I would love to have a couple of photos of someone's H-1.1 build so I can see all the plastic parts and how they are attached. Can anyone help me out by posting a few glamour shots of your printer?
BrainSlugs83
Printmaster!

Post by BrainSlugs83 »

I remember with the H-1 they posted a CAD model of some kind, and you could download a program and rotate the whole thing around and look at all the parts and stuff -- it was kind of a pain in the ass to use though and it really, sucked, so I just forgot about my printer for six months -- and then got to busy with life/moving/etc... -- just restarted building it now in my new apartment. :)

Anyway, as far as the build instructions go -- maybe they did something similar with the H1.1 and 3D models? This looks like it has some 3d models, videos, and pdfs in it...
stienman
Printmaster!

Post by stienman »

I posted a sped up assembly video in my build thread here:

http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=793

Which should help you understand how it goes together.
tom10122
Printmaster!

Post by tom10122 »

THe H-1-1 uses linear bearings right? Nice upgrade , If you guys saw my crappy linear PLA bearings you'd be amazed that it prints :)
MessyhairKris
Plasticator

Post by MessyhairKris »

Thanks! I figured out what pieces had changed using both of your supplied info. Some real elbow grease was needed for this step, those bearings don't fit on the axle without a fight. I couldn't get the lock nut to fit into the plastic recesses, should I just file it down to get them in there?

Return to “New Member introduction”