Hey All! Just introducing myself!

Introduce yourself to the community!
Kafka
Plasticator

Hey All! Just introducing myself!

Post by Kafka »

Hey community what are you printing today!? I'm Rob. 21 year old in the USAF. Picked up 3d printing as a fun/frustrating hobby. :) Currently I've only been printing boxes for electronic cigarettes that me and my buddy are building. I forgot to mention I'm printing on a RS Max v2. So my question is though using Repetier Host the default bed size is 150x150. What is the true bed size, or most commonly used for the largest bed size? I know each printer is a little different but I wanted to hear your guys thoughts.

One of the boxes, still prototyping it.
http://i.imgur.com/DRFnNVm.jpg
KAS
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Hey All! Just introducing myself!

Post by KAS »

That really looks like a jagermeister bottle in the bathroom... :) What AFSC?
Print_This
Printmaster!

Post by Print_This »

KAS wrote:That really looks like a jagermeister bottle in the bathroom... :) What AFSC?
ok that is some funny stuff, nothing starts your day in college then a quick brush of jagger! lol

btw welcome to the forum!
--------------
If you survive chicago winters you can survive 3d printing!
Kafka
Plasticator

Post by Kafka »

Yeah, its a jagermeister bottle. But I unfortunately live in the dorms so it's really more an a vanity that serves many purposes and not in a bathroom. :p My AFSC is 3D1X3 RF Transmission Systems.(Ground Radio/SATCOM)
beilmandesign
Printmaster!

Post by beilmandesign »

Kafka wrote:I forgot to mention I'm printing on a RS Max v2. So my question is though using Repetier Host the default bed size is 150x150. What is the true bed size, or most commonly used for the largest bed size?
I just completed my Max about 3 weeks ago and had the same question. I use 280 X 280. Great work on that box. I am a mechanical engineer and projects like that are exactly what got me excited about the Rostock Max. Thank you for your service.
Kafka
Plasticator

Post by Kafka »

beilmandesign wrote: I just completed my Max about 3 weeks ago and had the same question. I use 280 X 280. Great work on that box. I am a mechanical engineer and projects like that are exactly what got me excited about the Rostock Max. Thank you for your service.
Thanks! I am trying to figure out if I can print this. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:511668
beilmandesign
Printmaster!

Post by beilmandesign »

You certainly can. It looks like you can buy the printed parts for $40 at their store but make 'em yourself.
Printed Parts
Printed Parts
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Post by BenTheRighteous »

I want to print that too! You should make a build thread if you actually do it. :)
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
KAS
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by KAS »

Kafka wrote:Yeah, its a jagermeister bottle. But I unfortunately live in the dorms so it's really more an a vanity that serves many purposes and not in a bathroom. :p My AFSC is 3D1X3 RF Transmission Systems.(Ground Radio/SATCOM)
Awesome, 2W0X1 (Munitions Systems) myself. Hopefully you're at a decent base and not suck working with the Army like myself :p
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

Your electronic cigarettes look avionics grade.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

Why "Kafka"?

Are you a fan of Franz Kafka?
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.

Return to “New Member introduction”