He's just this guy. You know?

Introduce yourself to the community!
darus67
Prints-a-lot

He's just this guy. You know?

Post by darus67 »

I'm the guy who just sent all his money to the tax man, so can't afford to order an H1 kit yet. I'm working on it, tho. I'm kinda doing it Johnny Cash style. One Piece at a Time. I got some stepper drivers and a power supply last month. This week I'm getting the stepper motors. After that, some misc parts to complete the electronics. Hopefully by the time I get the electronics all wired up, and the software figured out, I can save enough pennies to order up the H1 hardware kit.
Chris Muncy
Printmaster!

Re: He's just this guy. You know?

Post by Chris Muncy »

One step at a time! That's how a lot of us are doing it, specially when we mod it :-)
Chris Muncy
H-1 #5
darus67
Prints-a-lot

Post by darus67 »

I'm makin' steps!

I got Teacup RepRap firmware compiled and running on an Arduino.
I got Pronterface talking to Teacup.
I got 3 steppers wired up to Pololu drivers, and the drivers wired to the Arduino.
Also got Slic3r talking to Pronterface.

Today I got it all playing together and made the motors spin totally under control of the RepRap software toolchain.

"Wait!", you say. "Only 3 steppers? What about the extruder?", you say.
Well, I have 4 motors and I HAD 4 drivers, but after an unfortunate bonehead move on my part, I now only have 3 functional motor drivers.
The Pololu chip does not like it when you put +12V into a 5v logic input. :(

I need to get one of these: http://www.adafruit.com/products/565
(And another Pololu driver.)
Extrude3D
Printmaster!

Post by Extrude3D »

darus67 wrote:I'm makin' steps!

I got Teacup RepRap firmware compiled and running on an Arduino.
I got Pronterface talking to Teacup.
I got 3 steppers wired up to Pololu drivers, and the drivers wired to the Arduino.
Also got Slic3r talking to Pronterface.

Today I got it all playing together and made the motors spin totally under control of the RepRap software toolchain.

"Wait!", you say. "Only 3 steppers? What about the extruder?", you say.
Well, I have 4 motors and I HAD 4 drivers, but after an unfortunate bonehead move on my part, I now only have 3 functional motor drivers.
The Pololu chip does not like it when you put +12V into a 5v logic input. :(

I need to get one of these: http://www.adafruit.com/products/565
(And another Pololu driver.)
I just ordered 6 NEMA17 drivers for myself. If you would like to have one, I'll send it your way for like $7+$2 shipping, shoot me a private message. That is way cheaper than most places and these have a higher torque output as well.

I am doing the same exact thing by the way, just in the opposite order. I bought parts+motors, then I will buy the Printrboard. I would love for you to make a tutorial on the usage of Teacup Reprap btw, that would be awesome.
-Extrude3D/Brent
michaellatif
Printmaster!

Post by michaellatif »

Extrude3D wrote:I just ordered 6 NEMA17 drivers for myself. If you would like to have one, I'll send it your way for like $7+$2 shipping
What type of driver is that and where did you get them? I am curious cause I could use a few more for another project.
Mike Latif
H-1 #3
Extrude3D
Printmaster!

Post by Extrude3D »

michaellatif wrote:
Extrude3D wrote:I just ordered 6 NEMA17 drivers for myself. If you would like to have one, I'll send it your way for like $7+$2 shipping
What type of driver is that and where did you get them? I am curious cause I could use a few more for another project.
Sorry, I meant NEMA17 Stepper Motors. I messaged you where I got them since they were a good price and SeeMeCNC sells NEMA17's and I dont want to interfere with their business.
-Extrude3D/Brent

Return to “New Member introduction”