Hello everyone from Italy

Introduce yourself to the community!
simowaves
Plasticator

Hello everyone from Italy

Post by simowaves »

Hi everyone,

I'm really amazed by 3D printing :o like a little kid and thinking of getting the Rostock Max v2. is it already available? How is the international shipping?
I have been looking around for a 3D printer for several months now, all kind of different designs. I also thought of building one delta printer from scratch following tutorials,
but finally decided it would be safer to get a kit.
This would be my first printer, good choice? Hope to be able to build it myself. I'm pretty confident with the mechanical part, but a little worried about the electronics and software.
Is soldering needed? Do i need to go into the softwares and program codings? Or just for small tweaks?
how was your very first print? (would be fun to make a gallery of everyones 1.print :) )
How much tweaking does it take from the first print (looks probably like a mesh o spaghetti) to a usable print?

appreciate any advise and info
thanks

I'm already sorry for all the questions and problems i will be posting :)
neurascenic
Printmaster!

Re: Hello everyone from Italy

Post by neurascenic »

Welcome Simowaves

I'll see if I can answer your queries. I am a recent builder that made the same decision for exactly the same reasons you state.

V2... is supposed to be shipping very soon. Can't say about international.

There are easier "first" printers... but, IMHO, learning the machine is a huge part of the current state of 3D printing. No better way then to build it.

the hardware takes time to build, especially the first time. the software, is as deep as you want to go. and the electronics are the same.

That is to say, the software and electronics hard ware are really already there. no coding or engineering required by us. BUT... if you want to get into it... they are open for tinkering later.

Soldering is needed a little bit... on the V1 which is what I have, missed it by that much... there is some soldering to a carrier card that connects to the LCD, but that card has no electronics on it, so there is nothing to burn out. There is also some optional soldering to connectors (though a good idea)

1st prints.. mine were OK... but obviously it showed me that I had more work to do, and still do. though I am forging ahead with printing any way.
1st print to perfect prints... boy, that appears to be a wide range. Some get the spagetti and some get a real nice print first time. Me, Mine were Ok, but not quite satisfactory.
I definitely had to go through some calibration of both the towers endstops (multiple times) and the hot end. I have yet to go through the tower rotation Calibraions... so far, I have shied away from that... but it is coming.

I want to mod mine with the mag arms, then do the tower rotations. deal with one variable at a time so I don't get some kind of false positive.

Questions here... no problem. I am still learning, and doing it the same way... lots of questions, patience comes from above. I have been treated very well by those in the know, and will be happy to share anything I learn too.

Welcome!
I am a fool entrapped within my own wisdom.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Welcome to the forum!
neurascenic did a fine job in answering your questions but we are here to help if you have more.
You cannot go wrong with a Delta printer from Seemecnc, you just need to determine if you have
the skills to assemble one from a kit or do you want the pre-assembled Orion printer. They are
all excellent printers! You also need to determine which printer has the proper printable space for you.
Whichever you choose, you will be happy with a printer from Seemecnc.
McSlappy
Printmaster!

Post by McSlappy »

Here's my first print, was very happy with it :) for a first print.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/smlZ2zZ.jpg?2[/img]
I loved my Rostock so much I now sell them in Oz :)
simowaves
Plasticator

Post by simowaves »

Thanks for the quick responses and great advice. I'm pretty confident on getting the max v2 which now seems to be shipping.

I had a look at the filament and WOW, too many to choose from. Does the kit come with a spool of fil.?
Which do you recomend for starting and what are the differences? (maybe there is already posts about this, couldn't find them)
ABS, PLA ore the fancy trasparent one? or for Bridges, does it improve a lot?

thanks again
enggmaug
Printmaster!

Post by enggmaug »

V1 kit did not have filament included.

I would recommend starting with ABS, as PLA is a bit more difficult to manage.

Rostock Max is indeed my first and only printer... for now. I'm loving it, and I love it so much that my wife just hates it...

Well, be aware that this is a time consuming thing. But hey, if you take the leap, welcome onboard, it's a great community you're joining in. Everyone has his own knowledge and experience, and it's really great to read everyone's ideas, opinions, and ways of solving problems.

Ok, must go back to watch my Totorro being printed. ;)
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Contact SeeMeCNC and find out if they're including ABS yet. If they're not, you need to buy some ABS. The first two prints you make with your v2 require the use of ABS. (the PEEK fan shroud and the layer fan shroud).

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “New Member introduction”