Tony saying Hi

Introduce yourself to the community!
Tony Woollacott
Plasticator

Tony saying Hi

Post by Tony Woollacott »

I was soooooooooooo happy :D to see this forum had started up. I have been using Mach2 and then 3 for about 8 years now on my mill and lathe, and am now confident that when I hit that cycle start button things won't go bang. :mrgreen:

When I started looking at 3D printing, however, I did get a bit round shouldered :?: when I saw the control systems in use. I am not an electrical guy, nor have I had any training in computers etc. I have struggled along learning as I go, so this is why I am hoping to find a perfect marriage between 3D printing and Mach3.

I have just reached the point where I have built a Mendel Prusa with 4 wire steppers. I am yet to calibrate it, but was wondering if there are any obvious next steps that anyone could suggest. :?: I have a PC set up with a 3 axis system, which I use on my mill. I also have a PC set up with the Reprap Gen3 kit which drives the 3 axes and the extruder.

Thanks again to all involved in getting this off the ground. ;)
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Tony saying Hi

Post by mhackney »

Hi Tony, Check out the H-1 Electronics Manual in the Docs forum. It has info about setting up and configuring the electronics for Mach3.

Also, in the Slic3r forum, the post pinned at the top has links to the Slic3r tutorials - a MUST read. They also show how to calibrate the extruder. Start with these.

Cheers,
Michael

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Re: Tony saying Hi

Post by johnoly99 »

Hey Tony, John here from SeeMeCNC. Glad you found us!

Return to “New Member introduction”