Hello From California

Introduce yourself to the community!
SuperDave42
Plasticator

Hello From California

Post by SuperDave42 »

Hey everyone, My name is David Cook, and I just recently found out about "Delta" format 3D printers. ever since I found out about 2 weeks ago they have been stuck in my head. It's all I can think about lately.
I'm a mechanical designer, I run DC-Concepts dot com for my hobby. I'm into Multirotor RC aircraft currently and feel having a 3D printer at home will help my designs moving forward. I designed the very limited edition "Karbonic-X" quadrotor frame system a couple years ago, and have since done larger variants. I really want to start desinging micro aircraft next and feel a Delta will help me get there.

I LOVE to modify and augment everything. I'm an up-grader, I admit it lol. I know that thing did not need a 3K woven carbon fiber plate with blue anodize alloy screws.. but it just looks better now right ? :-) yeah I'm that guy.

I manage an engineering team at a large power supply company for my day job, I am very well versed with 3D CAD and Solidworks is my flavor of choice for design work.

I have finalized my decision to purchase a RoStock MAX DIY full kit. The last 2 weeks I have been reading forums, reviews, wiki's etc. so I feel I am not more than prepared to deal with this Kit and I do realize it will be a "fun" journey building it, calibrating it, tuning it, modifying it etc. i.e. I DO NOT expect instant satisfaction lol

I have many years as a "builder/fabricator" so cutting/drilling/soldering wire routing and dress etc. no problem.

I actually look forward to building this with my teenage son. Although it's my 8 year old son that will be trying to use while I'm at work lol.

After reading a lot of posts here and seeing how responsive SeeMeCNC is as a company, I am proud to make this my first post here.

it will be about 2 months before I can make the purchase. for now, I have my 8 year old each morning when Mom wakes him up say " Mom, it sure would be awesome to have a 3D printer. then Dad can fix my toys " it seems to be working her down :-)

Very best Wishes,

David Cook
AKA SuperDave42
"I see" said the blind carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Hello From California

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Hello David and welcome to the forum!
From reading about your interests and background you are the perfect candidate for Rostock Max.
One of the first things you should do is to download the Assembly manual for the Rostock Max and read through it to get an idea of the build process, it is available here: http://www.geneb.org/rostock-max/Rostoc ... -Guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We are here for any questions and or problems you may have.
Happy Building!
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
SuperDave42
Plasticator

Post by SuperDave42 »

Right on ! and thank you for the link. I DL'ed it and will study it

Eaglezsoar wrote:Hello David and welcome to the forum!
From reading about your interests and background you are the perfect candidate for Rostock Max.
One of the first things you should do is to download the Assembly manual for the Rostock Max and read through it to get an idea of the build process, it is available here: http://www.geneb.org/rostock-max/Rostoc ... -Guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We are here for any questions and or problems you may have.
Happy Building!
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

SuperDave, welcome! Looks like some pretty fun toys you got there already! You'll have a great time with the Rostock MAX kit, that's for sure. Don't forget, looking at your location, we go to MakerFaire in San Mateo in May, look up makerfaire.com for the dates. Stop over if you can and see us!
SuperDave42
Plasticator

Post by SuperDave42 »

johnoly99 wrote:SuperDave, welcome! Looks like some pretty fun toys you got there already! You'll have a great time with the Rostock MAX kit, that's for sure. Don't forget, looking at your location, we go to MakerFaire in San Mateo in May, look up makerfaire.com for the dates. Stop over if you can and see us!
Hi ! Thank you :-) yeah it's my mission to make sure I am surrounded by cool toys and tech. Usually have to make my own.

That's a great idea, San Mateo is very close. I will see you guys there in May ! Will there bit Max kits for sale at the Faire? That's about the right time frame for my Max purchase.
Orenfor
Printmaster!

Post by Orenfor »

welcome aboard .... we are always happy to get new members with new idea .....
i will happy to help as well where i can :)
Good luck, and i'll try to work on my son ( he is only 1.5 years old ) to convince my wife that she need something that i need :)
i like you way already
SuperDave42
Plasticator

Post by SuperDave42 »

Orenfor wrote:welcome aboard .... we are always happy to get new members with new idea .....
i will happy to help as well where i can :)
Good luck, and i'll try to work on my son ( he is only 1.5 years old ) to convince my wife that she need something that i need :)
i like you way already

Thank you :-) so far I am feeling right at home over here. I appreciate the help and I also would like to help where I can, and no doubt I'll come up with some clever ideas for these things.. just wait ha. I bet everyone said that when they joined 8-)
Orenfor
Printmaster!

Post by Orenfor »

hehe i say that and try , look's like everybody think about everything .... but we have always room to hear new idea...

Return to “New Member introduction”