Introduction

Introduce yourself to the community!
SVG
Noob

Introduction

Post by SVG »

Hello gang. I just ordered a Rostock Max v3.2 printer kit. Looking forward to the creative possibilities.
I have no prior experience with 3D printing so I will most certainly have questions.

Mike
(SVG)
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Introduction

Post by Xenocrates »

Welcome to the forums Mike. I look forward to seeing any pictures of your build process (Admittedly, the builds have been getting more streamlined, so there's less reason to take pictures of the process), and seeing what you produce. What are you interested in making with it, since some of us have application specific experience, and can help you get to printing what you want just a bit faster if we know what you're after?

Cheers, and happy printing.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
SVG
Noob

Re: Introduction

Post by SVG »

Hi Xeno,
While I’ve been aware of 3D printing for a long time I never really gave it a second look. I’ve got a good friend who is a tech junkie and he was into it.
What made me make the leap is I am installing two systems in my car. One of which looks best with custom mounts. I spoke with a local shop that is
does installs and based on their lack of ideas and lack of a 3D printer I decided to just do the install myself. So I purchased the printer.
I will be printing the parts in ABS. I’ve read that printers with enclosures work well although I don’t think I’ll do an enclosure initially.
Will probably make prototypes with PLA.

Mike

Return to “New Member introduction”