Makin the wife mad again........

Introduce yourself to the community!
RFGuy
Noob

Makin the wife mad again........

Post by RFGuy »

I've been itching to get into 3D printing, but I've stayed on the sidelines for a while to do some digging into the subject. There seems to be an enormous amount of "budget" machines that have been inundating the market over the last couple of years, many of which look like a cheap nightmare waiting to happen. I'm not looking for a professional rig, but I certainly don't want a piece of garbage that's more trouble than it's worth. I saw the new Max V3 came out recently and I finally decided to jump in after reading some reviews and looking around on this forum. To my giddy joy it was delivered this afternoon (wow, that was quick!).
My wife said "Hey, you got another box. What did you buy now?"
"Um, just a little something I've been thinking about getting into"
"The box says 3D printer on it. What do you need one of those for, and how much did you spend this time?"
"........................... Dang, you sure look nice tonight, dear."
I turned up the radio and started on the hot end assembly on my desk in the basement. Looking forward to learning a lot and hopefully will be able to offer some of my own input in the future.
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Re: Makin the wife mad again........

Post by DeltaCon »

You can get this right again by printing some handy household thingy's for her ;-)
I find the WAF a barrier for my upgrades too...
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
joe
Printmaster!

Post by joe »

I include my wife in my 3D printing ideas. She often comes up with 3D projects for me. Christmas stuff is good. I would also never spend $1000 without including her. Perhaps you should work on your communications with "the wife".
RFGuy
Noob

Post by RFGuy »

She's a good sport, she'll keeps a mental list of my endeavors and cashes in when she feels payback us due. :D I think I'll keep her. Thanks for the marriage counseling tips though joe.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

It's much easier to apologize afterwards than it is to get permission before hand. :D

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Welcome to the forums, and it sounds like you've got an entertaining relationship going. From your nick it seems like you do some HAM stuff as well, or am I entirely wrong interpreting the RF as radio frequency? Best of luck with the printer, and hopefully the title of this thread is mostly facetious.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
RFGuy
Noob

Post by RFGuy »

What's the point of having fun if you can't have a bit of fun, right?? Yeah, I've been in the broadcast radio / wireless comms industry for way too many years. You guys have a great forum going here, glad to be a part.
joemod
Plasticator

Post by joemod »

Welcome!

Hope your build is going/went well. 8-)

I included my girlfriend in the build. It was a *learning experience* for both of us. She stuck it through all but electronics, I was really impressed. Of course after all my worrying about her breaking something; in the end it was I that broke 2 of the springs. Fortunately she was already asleep and couldn't rub it in ;)

Return to “New Member introduction”