It's Alive! from Mesa, Az

Introduce yourself to the community!
joemod
Plasticator

It's Alive! from Mesa, Az

Post by joemod »

My new Rostock Max V3 is up and printing!

It's been quite the journey building the kit. Printer arrived last monday, finished the build last night. Much to my dismay DEF for the thermistors, turns out I had the HE thermistor soldered to the LED expansion through holes. It's on my list to writeup what I went through for troubleshooting. It was out of pure defeat that I started debugging the board traces and found my issue.

My first print was an utter failure. This was actually expected because I wanted to see what printing ABS on pure glass looked like. My curiosity has been satisfied and will never try that again.

Second print of the cube was a great success. 0.1mm out N/S, 0.2mm out E/W.

Now I need to find a hotspot in the house where I can put this beast of a machine so the bed heater can stay warm.
morgandc
Printmaster!

Re: It's Alive! from Mesa, Az

Post by morgandc »

Welcome, sounds like you will do great, printing success and troubleshooting success already :D
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Hi joemod and congrats on your new printer being assembled!
Could you send us a picture of your new printer?
Welcome to the forum!
joemod
Plasticator

Post by joemod »

Sure thing!
IMG_2632.JPG
Had to move it to my kitchen table for some extended diagnostics, calibration.

There is something about the third day of printing... Day 1 and 2 were great. Day 3, I was printing some PCB standoffs. Got a little overconfident and walked away for a half hour or so. Shortly after the print got picked up and carried around the bed for the remainder of the print. :?

Got the new springs in early (last friday). Installed them on Monday (Halloween, maybe cursed?). Cleaned off the nozzle of any remaining abs stuck to it.
Then, after running the bed levelling script, the extruder nozzle a little high. The filament won't adhere to the build plate. I never ran any in depth calibration. It very well might just be under extrusion, or a KISSlicer setting I *tuned* for my old bot.

Need to give the girl a little attention ;)

** Edited a few times to try and get the pic to orient correctly. BB must be smarter than me **

Return to “New Member introduction”