Plugging away at Rostock MAX 2 kit with some delays.

Introduce yourself to the community!
SPICETRADERS
Plasticator

Plugging away at Rostock MAX 2 kit with some delays.

Post by SPICETRADERS »

Hello all,
It has been weeks ago I bought my Rostock Max v2 kit with Matter control. Expected to have all finished and printing but one delay or another has slowed things. Worst was last 8 days in the hospital for for a major internal blood leak, but even being a quart low on oil is hard to keep this old bird down long. LOL I wonder which is worse the printer setting un finished or the new Harley in the driveway that only has a hundred miles on it.

So hopefully today I will get back to finishing up wire runs in the T-slot rails. All the kit wires are in but just before I fuzzed out I was looking for some extra red/black pairs to add for future mods (I.E. led lighting). Just going to run two or three pairs of 22ga stranded in for that.

I have been reading post here some it it looking for fixes for assembly issues and some for planning printer mods.

The modification ideas are being noted and rated for those I hope to use, and thank you to those who keep posting those great ideas.

As for assembly issues I hope to post a few tips or ideas as I can so maybe others will be able to get past some of the stumbles I have seen.

I plan to use this printer for a variety of projects related to automotive (classic cars) and motorcycle project as well as just this and that type gadgets around house and shop. It likely will not be my one and only printer but with the specification for printing it has it will be used a lot.
As much as I want to hurry and finish I will keep proceeding slowly to keep it looking sharp and clean (to many years working aviation systems).

Enough for now
and again hello to all.
Ron
==If it is not HOT and SUNNY then the END is NEAR==
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Plugging away at Rostock MAX 2 kit with some delays.

Post by Xenocrates »

Best of luck with getting is all put together. It really is unfortunate that you ran into health problems while trying to put your printer together. I can't wait to see what an aviation oriented person does with the wiring, as while we get to see Geneb's printers, we don't get all the delicious build pictures condensed into a easy reading form (I'm sure we could read the manuals to see what they look like, but I'm not a fan of reading the manuals over and over again, no matter how finely written they are)
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

SPICETRADERS wrote:Hello all,
It has been weeks ago I bought my Rostock Max v2 kit with Matter control. Expected to have all finished and printing but one delay or another has slowed things. Worst was last 8 days in the hospital for for a major internal blood leak, but even being a quart low on oil is hard to keep this old bird down long. LOL I wonder which is worse the printer setting un finished or the new Harley in the driveway that only has a hundred miles on it.

So hopefully today I will get back to finishing up wire runs in the T-slot rails. All the kit wires are in but just before I fuzzed out I was looking for some extra red/black pairs to add for future mods (I.E. led lighting). Just going to run two or three pairs of 22ga stranded in for that.

I have been reading post here some it it looking for fixes for assembly issues and some for planning printer mods.

The modification ideas are being noted and rated for those I hope to use, and thank you to those who keep posting those great ideas.

As for assembly issues I hope to post a few tips or ideas as I can so maybe others will be able to get past some of the stumbles I have seen.

I plan to use this printer for a variety of projects related to automotive (classic cars) and motorcycle project as well as just this and that type gadgets around house and shop. It likely will not be my one and only printer but with the specification for printing it has it will be used a lot.
As much as I want to hurry and finish I will keep proceeding slowly to keep it looking sharp and clean (to many years working aviation systems).

Enough for now
and again hello to all.
Ron
Nice looking eagles you have there also!!!
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Windshadow
Printmaster!

Post by Windshadow »

Remember to keep the end stop wires in their tower by themselves and it does not hurt to make them up as twisted pairs.

be well stay well
SPICETRADERS
Plasticator

Post by SPICETRADERS »

Already had them twisted and heat shrink labels on each end before stopping.
SPICETRADERS
Plasticator

Post by SPICETRADERS »

Eaglezsoar wrote:
SPICETRADERS wrote:Hello all,

Enough for now
and again hello to all.
Ron
Nice looking eagles you have there also!!!
The Eagles are picture taken by my son at his job up in by Anacortes Island, but the mountains in Arizona are a large nesting area for Eagles.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

I would love to see the Eagles nesting in the mountains of Arizona but I am stuck here in Ohio.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”

Return to “New Member introduction”