Getting on the bandwagon

Talk about KISSlicer software here (http://kisslicer.com)
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Getting on the bandwagon

Post by Nylocke »

I got a Pro license from Jonathan, got a pretty good deal as a student. When I'm back home I'll see what all the fuss is about :P
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Getting on the bandwagon

Post by mhackney »

Great! I'm loving the 1.5 betas. Jonathan implemented a feature for me that I've been waiting for and unique to kiss now - different speeds for prime and suck. I won't have to post process my gcode anymore! AND now others will be able to experience the benefits of a fast suck (50mm/s) and slow prime (20mm/s) that I've been advocating for PLA for a year or more now. It really does work, you can scrutinize my fly fishing reels and you won't find any lumps/bumps/pimples.

I have a special test build also that hasn't been made available that has some (excellent) improvements in gcode generation that eliminates some nasty artifacts that have been in KISS since the start of time. Most people wouldn't have the issue as much as I have - the rings on my fly reel are a little atypical but exhibit the original issue 100% of the time.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

That sounds great. Are the "special features" going to be built into later releases?
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

It will be in the 1.5 release. I've beaten the heck out of it to verify it doesn't have any negative effects elsewhere. The prime suck feature is in the latest windows beta.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

Is it on the Mac beta too? Didn't notice it, but also wasn't aware of it.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Not yet.

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

I'm quite impressed by the results from KISS. Been using Michael's basic settings with a few minor changes relating to speed and perimeter settings. The 25mm hollow calibration cube that most people do is nearly flawless. Really liking what I've seen so far, even the support is pretty great. I like it being diagonal by default instead of parallel or perpendicular to the X or Y axis.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

I'm so far beyond those basic settings Mike! Let me see if I can clean things up a bit and post my new improved settings.

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
Tinyhead
Printmaster!

Post by Tinyhead »

mhackney wrote:Let me see if I can clean things up a bit and post my new improved settings.
Please do!

Return to “KISSlicer”