Set Up for Rostock Max

Talk about KISSlicer software here (http://kisslicer.com)
harley573
Printmaster!

Set Up for Rostock Max

Post by harley573 »

I have spent the last hour searching for info on how to configure Kisslicer for the Rostock Max and can't find a thing. Surely you have to tell it that you are using a delta printer instead of a conventional printer, right? Where do you do this? Are there instructions for the initial setup that I'm not finding? Am I oblivious?
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Set Up for Rostock Max

Post by mhackney »

Did you find my post in this thread with all of my KISSlicer configuration files? These are for the newest 1.1RC2 version. You just put them in the same folder with KISS and launch it. I even included an STL to tell KISS about the round build surface on a Rostock. It really is that simple. KISS (or any slicer) does not care that you have a delta or Cartesian printer. It is generating the path for the nozzle, extruder movements, temps, etc. The interpretation of this is done in the firmware - THAT's where the knowledge of a delta printer resides!

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
harley573
Printmaster!

Post by harley573 »

Aha! Good to know. I thought the slicer was generating the g-code.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

The slicer does generate the gcode. But the gcode is interpreted by the firmware.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
harley573
Printmaster!

Post by harley573 »

Okay, run that by me again then. If the slicer software is generating the G-code, how does it not need to know that it is dealing with a delta printer? If making a linear move on a conventional machine in the X direction, the G code would be G01 x3 f50 because all it is saying is that it is a linear move, look for the speed callout, (F50) and turn the stepper motor the appropriate number of steps to move the head 3 units. On a delta printer, it isn't that straight forward since it needs to move at least 2 steppers to make a straight line. Am I more confused than I think?
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Polygonhell »

harley573 wrote:Okay, run that by me again then. If the slicer software is generating the G-code, how does it not need to know that it is dealing with a delta printer? If making a linear move on a conventional machine in the X direction, the G code would be G01 x3 f50 because all it is saying is that it is a linear move, look for the speed callout, (F50) and turn the stepper motor the appropriate number of steps to move the head 3 units. On a delta printer, it isn't that straight forward since it needs to move at least 2 steppers to make a straight line. Am I more confused than I think?
Because the GCode calls out a set of moves in XYZ space and the firmware changes those to moves of the actual carriages.
harley573
Printmaster!

Post by harley573 »

Right.

Return to “KISSlicer”