So I updated Skeinforge to SFACT

A place to talk about Skeinforge software (http://fabmetheus.crsndoo.com/)
RedWood
Plasticator

So I updated Skeinforge to SFACT

Post by RedWood »

I was having flow issues with Skeinforge and in my search for help I found Skeinforge has become obsolete when it was updated and renamed to SFACT.
I have updated to SFACT and the issue is persisting.
My flow rate is off and I don't seem to be able to adjust it. I've tried adjusting every flow rate value available. I need to raise my flow rate. Anyone know what might be going on?

On a side note my slic3er flow rate is at 1.55. This seems high. Could my steps per a mm be off?
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: So I updated Skeinforge to SFACT

Post by Polygonhell »

RedWood wrote:I was having flow issues with Skeinforge and in my search for help I found Skeinforge has become obsolete when it was updated and renamed to SFACT.
I have updated to SFACT and the issue is persisting.
My flow rate is off and I don't seem to be able to adjust it. I've tried adjusting every flow rate value available. I need to raise my flow rate. Anyone know what might be going on?

On a side note my slic3er flow rate is at 1.55. This seems high. Could my steps per a mm be off?
Yes I would guess you esteps/mm is off if you have it set to 1.55, What do you have it set to and which version of the RAMBO board do you have?
IME the default setting is 10 or 15% too high, so my guess you are off by a factor of 2.
RedWood
Plasticator

Post by RedWood »

rev1.1 for the RAMBo. EEPROM steps are at 292 per/mm. I have your firmware installed. I'll increase the steps in the eeprom config till slic3er is extruding 1:1. Then I'll calibrate SFACT.
But still, i can't change the flow rate with SFACT. Any ideas?
Thanks
RedWood
Plasticator

Post by RedWood »

So I changed my steps and im printing as well as ever with slic3r.
I'm still am not able to alter the flow rate in SFACT. I could calibrate my steps to SFACT but it has several adjustments regarding flow and i'd like to be able to use them. I'v spent time searching the web for an answer. There is little to no info on Skeinforge or SFACT at all. It's as if no uses the damn thing. Does anyone have any incite?

Return to “Skeinforge”