Slic3r disregards print/printer/filament settings

A place to talk about slic3r software (http://slic3r.org)
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Slic3r disregards print/printer/filament settings

Post by 626Pilot »

All of a sudden, I cannot get Slic3r to play ball with Repetier. I have valid configurations selected on the Slicer tab, but it simply doesn't matter. When I tell it to slice, it's obviously using the stock settings you'd get if you just fired up Slic3r directly with no arguments. (Temperature's 200 instead of 225, it thinks I have 3mm filament, etc.) I deleted Repetier, nuked the registry entries for it and the configuration directory where Slic3r was storing its configs, etc. Nothing works.

If it helps, the enormous mistake I made that seems to have kicked this off was clicking the Setup button under the Slicer tab accidentally, instead of Configure. I did nothing, just hit Cancel to dismiss it. After that, everything broke.
altarke
Printmaster!

Re: Slic3r disregards print/printer/filament settings

Post by altarke »

Same here - -any solution to this problem
Altarke

Rostock MAX V1 Printer
lordbinky
Printmaster!

Post by lordbinky »

Hopefully I'll get a chance tonigh and I'll try that to see if I can break it. Adventure! :geek: Then you might have another person person on your side poking broken software.
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by 626Pilot »

I provided some info to the Repetier guy but no response yet. I've just been using KISSlicer instead. Its anti-stringing technique is more advanced and works better than Slic3r anyway.

Return to “Slic3r”