Gcode from slicer is not heating extruder

A place to talk about slic3r software (http://slic3r.org)
Koops
Prints-a-lot

Gcode from slicer is not heating extruder

Post by Koops »

I've been through all the settings and the config wizard and no matter what I seem to do, I cannot get the gcode from Slic3r to heat the extruder.

Help appreciated
IMBoring25
Printmaster!

Re: Gcode from slicer is not heating extruder

Post by IMBoring25 »

Have you set the start g-code to the same as the start g-code from MatterControl?

I'm not sure if MatterControl is the same (it crashed 100% of the time on the machine I was using when I finished the printer, so I went to Repetier Host for it and haven't looked back), but Repetier-Host with default settings adds start and finish gcode of its own that are incompatible to imported gcode. You may need to disable this.
Koops
Prints-a-lot

Post by Koops »

IMBoring25 wrote:Have you set the start g-code to the same as the start g-code from MatterControl?

I'm not sure if MatterControl is the same (it crashed 100% of the time on the machine I was using when I finished the printer, so I went to Repetier Host for it and haven't looked back), but Repetier-Host with default settings adds start and finish gcode of its own that are incompatible to imported gcode. You may need to disable this.

I will take a look at this and get back to you, thank you very much for your guidance, it has been invaluable!
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Post by Tincho85 »

Repetier-Host rocks.
If you can't solve it, install Rep H and use the built-in slic3r or the Cura engine. They both work great.

Here is a guide.
https://mega.nz/#!7RxVXTiS!3OIVH4sTLGzq ... _h_B9FqfK8
Martín S.
Koops
Prints-a-lot

Post by Koops »

Hey guys, downloaded r-host and set everything up and still nothing with regards to it heating the extruder, target remains 0 on lcd screen, heats the bed though

I am able to manually control the extruder before initiating a print, but once I initiate a print, there is no target for the extruder and it is unresponsive to gcode commands or manual control via r-host
Koops
Prints-a-lot

Post by Koops »

Managed to solve it with some fiddling, no idea what the problem was in the end though, just deleted pre sets and reconfigured a few times as well as restart both comp and printer
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Is this with a duet controller or similar?
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Koops
Prints-a-lot

Post by Koops »

Xenocrates wrote:Is this with a duet controller or similar?
Running the standard rambo if thats the right answer?

Still unable to get the fans running during bridging!
Koops
Prints-a-lot

Post by Koops »

This is becoming a running commentary, managed to get the cooling working! Only works during a lower layer height though?

Return to “Slic3r”