Hotend cooling during filament change?

The BOSSdelta 300 features similar frame and assembly as the Big Brother, BOSSdelta 500. The BOSSdelta 300 is built for production use and has a stock build volume of 300mm diameter X 500mm height.
d1rron
Printmaster!

Hotend cooling during filament change?

Post by d1rron »

I'm trying to print the SeeMeCNC articulated bat, but when it switches to the second filament it throws an error because the hotend starts cooling off and then it stops extruding which is nice. Someone on the Facebook group said I need to edit the GCode manually for dual extrusion, which is fine, but I'm not sure how to. Here's the beginning of my Gcode: Image

I kind of assumed I needed to copy the T0 and make a T1, which is roughly what was suggested, but I just want to make sure I'm making the correct changes.
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all... we're only mortal."-JLP
d1rron
Printmaster!

Re: Hotend cooling during filament change?

Post by d1rron »

Well I got an answer that my hunch was correct and that I just need to copy T0 and rename that one to T1. Leaving it up in case anyone else has the same question.
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all... we're only mortal."-JLP
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Hotend cooling during filament change?

Post by geneb »

\o/
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “BOSSdelta 300”