Help with blobbing issue

The one, the only, the Atremis. Forum for the monster metal machine from SeeMeCNC
mperez1
Noob

Help with blobbing issue

Post by mperez1 »

Hello,

I recently had bed leveling and heating issues and to solve them I was sent a new printer base and SE300 hotend with a probe sensor to install. After several headaches, I eventually replaced the parts and got the printer back to working order. However as soon as I started trying to print I ran into severe blobbing issues
IMG-0886.JPG
IMG-0887.JPG
IMG-0888.JPG
IMG-0890.JPG
The first three pictures are of a helmet I made before (green one on the right) and after (blue on the left) replacing the parts. As you can see, the quality of the outside wall has worsened dramatically. it's full of bumps everywhere through out the print. The green helmet (Yes I know there are adhesion issues. I have since addressed those!) printed out considerably smoother. For both prints I started with the default Cura profiles that are on the seemecnc github (https://github.com/seemecnc/slicing-pro ... %20Default). The only changes I initially made were to layer height, which I changed from .2 to .25, I believe.

The fourth picture is an up close view of what I am now seeing on every print I attempt. The first few layers start off fine, then the blobbing begins. Again, for this print I began with the recommended default ABS Cura profile. I'm not sure what values would be helpful to know, but I printed the material at 235 - 240, the bed was 110, retraction set to 3mm, retraction speed is 150 mm/sec, and coasting values was .0625. After starting with these values I've tried changing them but was unable to eliminate the problem. I even added some Z-microsteps because I thought maybe the hotend was pressing down too hard on the print. I'm kind of out of ideas on what to try. If anyone could give me any sort of advice I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Help with blobbing issue

Post by geneb »

Try backing down the temperature a bit. It also looks like there's a lot of moisture in your ABS.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
mperez1
Noob

Re: Help with blobbing issue

Post by mperez1 »

geneb wrote:Try backing down the temperature a bit. It also looks like there's a lot of moisture in your ABS.

g.
Thanks for the reply. I will try bumping down the temperature a bit. I'm concerned about the moisture though. That blue spool was inside of a PrintDry dryer as it was feeding the filament to the printer. I'm not entirely sure it was at the recommended temperature for ABS, but still. Being inside the dryer I assumed it would keep moisture issues at bay

Return to “Artemis”