Printer is printing things skewed

An affordable delta DIY kit made with high quality electronics/parts/hardware
madox
Plasticator

Printer is printing things skewed

Post by madox »

Hey all, Its me again with still more problems!

Today I finally was able to dial in my heated bed/glass to be super flat and after calibrating, the first layer is coming out perfectly. During this process, I figured it wouldnt hurt to make sure the endstop screws were also perfectly even, and tweaked one of them. Now prints are coming out with each layer shifted a tiny bit so things end up looking skewed. Is this due to the endstop adjustment? What could cause this?

Thanks, as always!
madox
Plasticator

Re: Printer is printing things skewed

Post by madox »

Since the above post, the printer kept getting worse and worse until it became totally unusable, with massive shifts and bizarre nozzle movements.

For anyone in the future that might have this problem: Figured out what the problem is by going over every inch of the printer and replaying the build steps from the installation guide. One of the timing pulleys on a stepper motor lots its setscrews entirely, just gone. So I imagine there is nothing but friction connecting it to the shaft and it slips a lot. I'm sure it will be fine once I find a replacement tiny setscrew at a hardware store.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Unless you've got a cat, the screws should be somewhere in the vicinity of the printer. :)

I use a little bit of blue thread locker when installing the grub screws on the drive pulleys. Make sure that there's a screw hitting the flat on the stepper motor shaft. That in combination with the 2nd screw will keep it from rotating.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
madox
Plasticator

Post by madox »

They were probably vacuumed up by now. It looks like the head must have got jammed but the motor kept spinning so it ejected the screws and damaged the threads in the pulleys on the way out. Screws from other motors dont screw in. I got replacements on the way!

Return to “Hacker Series - H2”