Artemis Browser Interface

A place to talk about developmental stuff (firmware/software/hardware etc)
felich
Prints-a-lot

Artemis Browser Interface

Post by felich »

I could not find a place in the forum specifically for software change requests, so I hope this a good place to put this thread.

I have what I feel is an important request.
Please add the file date to the information shown in the G-Code file listing.
I am never certain that I have the latest G-Code file for a part so I delete the file there and reload it.

Also, it would be nice if we got feedback if we are downloading a file name that is already in the G-Codes Directory.
I get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing I am indeed overwriting a file I intend to overwrite.
And the corollary of not unknowingly overwriting a needed file.

Otherwise I am greatly pleased by the excellent user interface you have provided.

Jim
dc42
Printmaster!

Re: Artemis Browser Interface

Post by dc42 »

Duet Web Control does include the file date in the GCode file listing, and the most recent few versions allow you to sort the file list by date. If you are viewing the list on a smartphone then you might need to scroll the display (horizontally?) to see the date.
felich
Prints-a-lot

Post by felich »

I don't see it. Please point it out.
Screen Shot.jpg
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

It looks like SeemeCNC may be using an older version of Duet web control. It's at least before 1.20, given the limit of 6 extruders was increased to nine for the Duet wifi then. If you were to update your Duet firmware, as well as Duet web control, such a column was released in 1.19a, released in september 2017. So check your DWC and RRF version numbers, and update appropriately. For reference, DWC current is 1.21, released march 21, 2018.

(Also, DC, I am sad to say that I fail at sufficient knowledge of code to find a version number for DWC or RRF in seeme's repo. Is there a way that going forward, you could suggest that especially OEM's add a plaintext readable version file to their repo's, or else add it to a boilerplate header that's in something readable in notepad/wordpad? It's just a minor nitpick, since it only really applies to the firmware at rest, rather than as installed, because I can query running firmware/servers.)
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
dc42
Printmaster!

Post by dc42 »

@Xenocrates, thanks for providing clarification. I haven't looked at SeeMeCNC's repo for a while.

The version number for RRF is in the Version.h file. When I commit new fimware I usually include the version number in the title of the commit.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

FYI, you don't need to use SeeMeCNC's branch of RRF - you can run the "main line" branch of RRF on your Artemis (or Rostock MAX v3.2). The only changes that Ryan made to RRF have already been added to the main line branch. (As far as I know)

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “Development Topics”