Machine name in firmware

A place to talk about developmental stuff (firmware/software/hardware etc)
TN Yankee
Printmaster!

Machine name in firmware

Post by TN Yankee »

I cannot figure out where in the firmware the printer name (e.g. "Rostock Max V2") is entered. I would like to be able to change it, as I want to make it obvious to myself if I'm running a dev or master version. I see where the version & date are entered, but they're fixed fields.

I tried the most obvious field, "UI_PRINTER_NAME" but that doesn't have any effect, and it's also entered without spaces between the words, while the LCD text has spaces.

As an experiment, I changed the printer type to a 5 (i.e. V3), and interestingly it changes the display to "Rostock Max V3 Dual." However, when a V2 is selected, "dual" doesn't appear, despite the dual extrusion option still being selected.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
Eric
Printmaster!

Re: Machine name in firmware

Post by Eric »

It's in "uilang.h", look for UI_TEXT_PRINTER_READY. Only the english version has been customized for Seeme products.

The constant is invoked in "uimenu.h", which would be an alternate spot to change the label (or any other string on that page).
It's also used in "ui.cpp" for the bootup screen.
TN Yankee
Printmaster!

Re: Machine name in firmware

Post by TN Yankee »

Thanks, Eric! I was just coming back here to update my post that I had found it, via an M115 command. However, I wouldn't have know about the other locations without your post.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Return to “Development Topics”