Non-print moves on Rostock v2 hybrid

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
jmargush
Printmaster!

Non-print moves on Rostock v2 hybrid

Post by jmargush »

I've been trying to get my retraction settings dialed in, on my Rostock Max v2 w/ HE280 Hotend, and I realized my non print moves were set to 80mm/sec. I attempted to set it between 120-200mm/s and my print quality significantly decreased. I had layer misalignment and poor surface quality. Does this mean my stepper motors are likely worn, is there a fix for my issue, is there a mechanical issue other than the motors, or is there a firmware setting/slicer setting I am overlooking?
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Non-print moves on Rostock v2 hybrid

Post by Mac The Knife »

It depends on the motors that are in your V2, SeeMeCNC changed motors during the RMV2 run, and the new motors run on lower current. Since you are running the new hotend, I assume you are using the latest firmware, with the lower current settings for the newer motors.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
jmargush
Printmaster!

Post by jmargush »

Mac The Knife wrote:It depends on the motors that are in your V2, SeeMeCNC changed motors during the RMV2 run, and the new motors run on lower current. Since you are running the new hotend, I assume you are using the latest firmware, with the lower current settings for the newer motors.
I have the automation technology stepper motors. In the old build manual it tells me to change this line: #define MOTOR_CURRENT {175,175,175,200,0}
to this: #define MOTOR_CURRENT {155,155,155,165,0}

could this be my issue? (I'm currently not home to test this.)
jmargush
Printmaster!

Post by jmargush »

I got home yesterday and updated my motor current values in my firmware, seems to be working perfectly. Thanks!!! :D

Return to “RostockMAX v3”