Simple Question

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
taggedzi
Prints-a-lot

Simple Question

Post by taggedzi »

This is a quick question, I'm working on assembling the hot end for my RMax v3. I've read the instructions a few times and the comments. And perhaps I'm being a bit too literal but I have to ask before I make an assumption that could potentially break something or cause me to have to take it apart to correct.

In Step 1 - HE280 Assembly http://seemecnc.dozuki.com/Guide/Step+1 ... ssembly/45
Step 12 — Preparing the Heat Sink / Break

Locate the HE280 Heat Break and test fit the 4mm PTFE tubing. The tube should insert and fully seat.
I've found the heat sink and the heat break and I found a black plastic tube that is about 4.3mm (diameter) I'm assuming it is the 4mm PTFE? But I don't see it in the diagram to confirm, and I don't see what I'm testing the fit too? It doesn't seem to fit IN the heat break (Larger end), without cramming it and the fit is just off enough that I want to make sure I'm getting it right.
Heat sink / Heat break
Heat sink / Heat break
Other Parts / 4mm PTFE Tubing?
Other Parts / 4mm PTFE Tubing?
Am I looking at the right part? Either way I need a bit of guidance as to what I'm looking to "test fit" and what I'm looking for to "pass" that test. does it need to seat all the way down, just fit in the whole a bit?

Thanks in advance!
Matthew (TaggedZi)
Not all who wander are lost.
taggedzi
Prints-a-lot

Re: Simple Question

Post by taggedzi »

Well, I did just notice the tube I pointed out in the picture as heat shrink in step 49/50... so what part is the 4mm PTFE Tube?
enggmaug
Printmaster!

Post by enggmaug »

the PTFE is the one in the top of your second pic... ? I did dont read much about HE280, so I'm not sure, but I reckon it is a PTFE sleeving, that should be shorten to the right length...

Anyway, Just to make sure, measure the outter section of the clear tube at the top of your last pic... it should be 4mm... And it should be the same kind of tubing as the bowden tube... right ?
HComet
Prints-a-lot

Post by HComet »

I have a V2 but I did the HE280 upgrade. I think the PTFE tubing in the second picture may the one used to insulate the thermistor wires used in "Step 26 — Prepare the Thermistor." The PTFE tubing that you are looking for is the long piece of PTFE used for the bowden tube. Should be around 36" or more in length and 4mm in diameter (there's only one long piece of white tubing). At the end of the hot end assembly the bowden tube will slide into the top of the hot end so the step in question is just asking you to test fit it.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Yep, it's the bowden tube. It's also the only 4mm PTFE tubing in the whole kit. :)

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Dale Eason
Printmaster!

Post by Dale Eason »

enggmaug wrote:the PTFE is the one in the top of your second pic... ? I did dont read much about HE280, so I'm not sure, but I reckon it is a PTFE sleeving, that should be shorten to the right length...

Anyway, Just to make sure, measure the outter section of the clear tube at the top of your last pic... it should be 4mm... And it should be the same kind of tubing as the bowden tube... right ?

The tube in the picture is the sleeving for the thermister. There is a longer (about 36 inch) and wider tube that is the bowden tube and that is the one that you should test fit. You need to make sure it can go all the way down into the heat break to make sure you know what how that is. A few of us have made the mistake of not putting the bowden tube all the way into the heat break after it is all assembled. That causes the hot end to get blocked with filament during printing.

A metric caliper would be a very handy tool have. You will need it since most printer software uses metric.

Dale
taggedzi
Prints-a-lot

Post by taggedzi »

Thanks much, I figured it was something simple. Perfect fit. Back to building. :)

Thanks again,
Matthew (TaggedZi)

Return to “RostockMAX v3”