Question on shipping up here to the frozen north.

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
Richard
Noob

Question on shipping up here to the frozen north.

Post by Richard »

Can anyone from Canada tell me how bad I'm going to get dinged at customs for one of these printers shipped up here? I ordered a Cnc that came out of the states but it was a long time ago and I've since forgotten how much the c.o.d. for customs was.
TwoTone
Printmaster!

Re: Question on shipping up here to the frozen north.

Post by TwoTone »

My brother in law lives up there, but close to the border, so he'd get stuff shipped close to the crossing, go over and pick it up.
joe
Printmaster!

Post by joe »

It cost me $115 for customs which is basically the Hst. I am in Ontario. Don't use ups, their customs fee is ridiculous. USPS is the best for shipping.

Hey, I am building a CNC. Want to trade for a Rostock V2?
Richard
Noob

Post by Richard »

115 Isn't to bad. i could bite the bullet seeing as its 1400 after conversion as it is.

I'm fairly attached to my Cnc. and now that my p.o.s. m3d micro let the smoke out, I'm playing with it a lot more. sorry man.
joe
Printmaster!

Post by joe »

No problem, good luck!
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

Richard wrote:115 Isn't to bad. i could bite the bullet seeing as its 1400 after conversion as it is.

I'm fairly attached to my Cnc. and now that my p.o.s. m3d micro let the smoke out, I'm playing with it a lot more. sorry man.
After they missed the ship date on my preorder of the M3d, I canceled my order and patiently waited for the Eris to become available. That turned out to be a good decision.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Jrjones
Printmaster!

Post by Jrjones »

3D printers fall under Category 5 of the tariff guide: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications ... 1-eng.html
Since the printer is made in the US, you only have to pay 5% GST on top of your purchase price (on the current exchange rate of the day it gets processed) (HST if you live in a province with HST)

If you ship directly across you will be charged the 5% GST (or HST) and be charged an additional handling fee of around $20 (and risk having it fall under the wrong tariff category).

If you live close to the border, my advice is to ship to a pickup location in the US and pick it up and declare it yourself. Sometimes you get lucky and the customs agent lets you through without paying tax. I recently picked up $400 worth of wedding articles for a friend and the customs agent waved me through. Other times they want to see receipts of everything even if its only worth $25.

Return to “RostockMAX v3”