End stop adjustment?

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
jevs
Prints-a-lot

End stop adjustment?

Post by jevs »

I cannot seem to find any info on setting the screws for the end stops. I have looked through all the documentation. I must be missing it. I bought this used and the calibration cube came out within .1mm on the first try after I fixed a couple things. However, I think I should double check these are set right? I just cannot find any info to do it.
If someone could point me in the right direction.
In the mean time I remember there was an older set of build docs, maybe I will look through those...
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Re: End stop adjustment?

Post by pouncingiguana »

If you've got a V3, you don't need to adjust the endstop screws - the automatic calibration takes care of all that. It'll tell you if they are too far out of whack and needs to be manually adjusted.
jevs
Prints-a-lot

Post by jevs »

Hmm. how does it know the hot end assembly is level? I know it taps the nozzle to set the height. Does it use the coordinates from the 3 points it measures to calculate level since the geometry of the arms etc is fixed and known?
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Post by pouncingiguana »

Yup. It gets to do a bunch of math. If your first layer is looking good, stop there. If you've got high/low spots you want to iron out, you can make it go away with some more math, just follow the instructions here: https://www.seemecnc.com/pages/delta-calibration-wizard
jevs
Prints-a-lot

Post by jevs »

So far I printed 3 things and they all came out good. They could benefit from a few little tweaks, but no issues with calibration of the bed! I am liking this printer. That piece of paper sliding around forever crap is for the birds LOL.

Return to “RostockMAX v3”