Need help with Rostock Max v3 Cura setup

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
Francisco
Prints-a-lot

Need help with Rostock Max v3 Cura setup

Post by Francisco »

Hi guys. Any luck using (latest) Cura with the Rostock Max v3?

Finished assembly a couple of days ago and got the printer to print fine with gcode generated with Matter Control.
I got the setting files for importing with cura at the SeeMeCNCs GitHub but the problem is the machine settings, there are only cartesian work areas to choose. I am looking for a Rostock Max v3 .josn file and the .stl for work area would be nice too.
The problem is that currently when I start the .gcode generated with Cura, after getting to the desired temperature it starts a triangle instead of a square (cube base) and on one edge of the glass.
There are lots of cool setting files for Cura that I am eager to try but I'm facing this issue.
FranciscoJS12 | Rostock Max v3
vrenlos
Prints-a-lot

Re: Need help with Rostock Max v3 Cura setup

Post by vrenlos »

In your printer setup page, make sure to check the "Machine Cetner is Zero" box - that should move Cura's origin to the center of the bed.
Francisco
Prints-a-lot

Post by Francisco »

Thanks! Also I'm using the printer .json and .stl from the Rostock Max v2 and works fine now.
FranciscoJS12 | Rostock Max v3
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Post by pouncingiguana »

If you upgrade to the Cura 2.4 beta, they have an option for the circular bed too, so you don't have to guess at the edges anymore. They also have some new toys that have been making my prints come out even better. It's well worth trying :)

Return to “RostockMAX v3”