Cancel print in OctoPrint doesnt cancel target temps

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
wshiwsbrding
Prints-a-lot

Cancel print in OctoPrint doesnt cancel target temps

Post by wshiwsbrding »

I noticed that when I cancel a print on OctoPrint my target temps stay the same. I cant even manually turn them off. The only way I can get them to turn off is to shut down the server, then turn the printer off and back on. Am I missing anything that would be easier than that?
Noircogi
Printmaster!

Re: Cancel print in OctoPrint doesnt cancel target temps

Post by Noircogi »

Are you trying to cancel before the printer has reached the temp in the first place?
This probably also depends on which slicer you're using and what G-Code prologue you have.

I slice with S3D and once printing has started, cancelling definitely seems to cool things down.

If you're having problems, you can try disconnect, then reconnect then on change them on the temperature page.
If the printer is in the middle of a G-code command which waits for a temperature to be hit, I don't think that can be interrupted.

The one thing I normally do after a cancel is to select "home" on the controls page to move the extruder up out of the way.
wshiwsbrding
Prints-a-lot

Re: Cancel print in OctoPrint doesnt cancel target temps

Post by wshiwsbrding »

yeah i think that was the case when i experienced the issue. I was trying to get my bed temp up (which is apparently a chalenge on v3)

Return to “RostockMAX v3”