Duet mounting

e_hutch
Printmaster!

Duet mounting

Post by e_hutch »

I just got a Duet 0.6 from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321959121278?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT. He was easy to work with and preflashed the most recent DC42 firmware. it took a bit long to arrive and the packaging could have been better, but a good experience so far (as long as it works!). I also picked up a Nano router to go wireless. I am currently printing the FSR mounts for my ultibots fsr kit also. My enclosure prints are on hold until I can get a more stable temperature environment (and autocal) to keep them from warping!

a couple of questions to start out.
in general, how are folks mounting the duet? looks to be similar in size to the Rambo, so it may be an easy swap.
I am ordering a PaneDue control board from DC42 on reprap.org, any suggestions for which LCD to use and mount recommendations for it?
e_hutch
Printmaster!

Re: Duet mounting

Post by e_hutch »

Rereading the setup thread I'm taking a closer look at the mount STL's by mhackney... is the flat mount designed to swap out directly for Rambo on the stock mount? I would like to mount mine internally.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

I published a simple mount bracket for the Duet boards on one of my threads here. You attach the Duet to the printed mount and the mount attaches to your printer - it should fit where the RAMBo was. I didn't design it to be a direct RAMBo replacement so I would be surprised if it is, but it should be close. I could pull out an old RAMBo I have laying around to see if I could pull an adapter off.

Use one of the panels David recommends on his site. They are inexpensive and readily available. I got 2 of the 7" ones to put together. Should be a great panel.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
e_hutch
Printmaster!

Post by e_hutch »

thanks, I just ordered the 7 inch from china. should get here about the same time as the paneldue. I will compare the "duet mount with holes" to the Rambo mount when I get a chance. I am also trying to upgrade to 24v heated bed, wireless for the duet, and some LED strip lights while I am at it :). looks like I am going to run out of internal real estate quickly.

Return to “Duet”