Config help: Temps off by a few degrees, no extrusion

626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Config help: Temps off by a few degrees, no extrusion

Post by 626Pilot »

1: What are you using for your thermistor values?

2: I can't get this thing to extrude on E0 no matter what I do. The wiring is fine, same stuff I was using with my Smoothieboard. There are no errors on the G-code console when I try to extrude. Any ideas? (EDIT: Putting T0 at the end of config.g solved the problem.)
Last edited by 626Pilot on Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
bot
Printmaster!

Re: Config help: Temps off by a few degrees, no extrusion

Post by bot »

At the bottom of my config gcode file I have a "T0" command. Try putting that there. I think you said you've been sending that, but the tool needs to be selected first no matter what.
*not actually a robot
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by 626Pilot »

That seems to have done it! Thanks. I guess setting Heater 1 active in the web interface isn't the same as sending T0.

Also, it shuts down the hot end half of the time due to a temperature read error. I reboot the board, and it reads the temp just fine. What the heck?

Edit: It's this line in config.g: M570 S180

Should be M570 S300 or something like that. It throws a code if the hot end "takes too long" to heat up. Cyclops hot ends take awhile.
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Hmm, are you running an e3d v6? I haven't had any thermistor temp errors, but I've noticed that the board will do a full reset when I accidentally discharge static onto the brass nozzle. It must be eitehr overloading the thermistor or hotend, but seems to do not damage (that I can detect yet) other than halting the print or whatever was happening while the thing reboots.

Edit to your edit: Ah yes! I haven't tried the cyclops/chimera yet. I'm excited to give it a go. My current delta prints amazingly flat so far, I might be able to pull off the chimera.
*not actually a robot
IMBoring25
Printmaster!

Post by IMBoring25 »

It took me a bit to figure out why it was doing that with my v6. I've been setting a first stage heating temperature rather than going straight to the printing temperature, but adding M570 with an S parameter in seconds to the config.g will change the timeout.

Return to “Duet”