Duet Mount

Great_Thark
Prints-a-lot

Duet Mount

Post by Great_Thark »

Couldn't find an internal mount so I made this.
Just remove the front Rambo board clips and then it all just clips in, I don't know if it needs the fan but it can't harm.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1429433" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3D-Print
Printmaster!

Re: Duet Mount

Post by 3D-Print »

Awesome. Thanks I will use that mount instead of the Rambo mount which is snug.
My 3D-Printing learning curve is asymptotic to a Delta's X, Y and Z-axes
DGBK
Printmaster!

Post by DGBK »

I just installed this today, and it fits great. Thanks for the great design.

I thought I'd point out that you have to take off the bottom of the printer to remove the melamine bracket feet and install the plastic rails. At least, I couldn't see any other way to do it.
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

For those interested, there is now an internal mount, and it accommodates up to two 60MM fans. you can find it at the link below
http://repables.com/r/760
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Great_Thark
Prints-a-lot

Post by Great_Thark »

DGBK wrote:I just installed this today, and it fits great. Thanks for the great design.

I thought I'd point out that you have to take off the bottom of the printer to remove the melamine bracket feet and install the plastic rails. At least, I couldn't see any other way to do it.

I just snapped them off as I couldn't see any reason I would want to put the RAMBO back in permanently. If I ever do I'll just print replacements.
Once the old feet are out of the way it will just snap in :D

I considered making a plate to fit the existing mount but the space seemed a bit tight, the network socket right up against the front and it would have made access to the SD card a bit fiddly. So I laid it down a bit to give everything a bit more room.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Would it be possible to redo the fan plate so that it accepts two fans?
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Great_Thark
Prints-a-lot

Post by Great_Thark »

Eaglezsoar wrote:Would it be possible to redo the fan plate so that it accepts two fans?
As I was fairly disciplined when I created the sketch, so it didn't take long, I have done this. The fans had to go where they are to stay inside the supports and I have placed so they are nearer the head and bed FETs. Be aware there is likely to be a dead spot between the fans but I have tried to ensure there is nothing there that might need oodles of cooling.

I've not had any problems with the single fan so I wont be printing this myself. If you run it let me know if it's ok
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Thanks for updating the STL file!
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”

Return to “Duet”