Duet2 RepRapFirmware v3.2.2 Upgrade

PartDaddy
Printmaster!

Duet2 RepRapFirmware v3.2.2 Upgrade

Post by PartDaddy »

Let's update the printers!

Let's first say a big THANK YOU to dc42, Roland, Tony and whole Duet3d crew for such AMAZING boards and firmware.

SeeMeCNC is transitioning to RepRapFirmware version 3.2.2, and after years of reliable service from versions 1.19, 1.21, and 2.02RTOS, we are taking the plunge.

The new v3.2.2 Service Bulletin Upgrade Instructions can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

We are making a new home for documents and firmware. The SeeMeCNC website navigation menus are also getting and update this summer.

I welcome reply's to this forum post with any issues and/or solutions to problems you might find with these instructions.
~PartDaddy
SeeMeCNC Owner & Founder
Blackpoint Engineering is SeeMeCNC
Since 1996
PartDaddy
Printmaster!

Re: Duet2 RepRapFirmware v3.2.2 Upgrade

Post by PartDaddy »

I recommend any version 2.xx and lower should re-install firmware as the guide suggests.

The BOSSdelta and Artemis are all working well. Just follow the guide. I'll repeat this... follow the Service Bulletin for migrating to v3.2.2 found on the shared Google Drive. :)

As of this post, v3.2 needs a little more probe sensitivity work. Variation in earlier electronics on the SE300 may require the probe offset in config.g to be adjusted a little more depending on the probing speed. The SE300 has programming capability, but I never use it. I adjust z probe offset and probing speed to achieve the correct z zero.

Multiple factory printers with firmware dating back to the beginning of RostockMAX v3.2 (they have never been updated), are all being updated following the Service Bulletin.

RostockMAX v4 will be added sometime next week after the v3.2 continue test run.
~PartDaddy
SeeMeCNC Owner & Founder
Blackpoint Engineering is SeeMeCNC
Since 1996
corranthrn
Plasticator

Re: Duet2 RepRapFirmware v3.2.2 Upgrade

Post by corranthrn »

Problem with the z-probe on Rostock Max v4. I've only had to probe once since the upgrade, super reliable, but now I find that my z-probe is stuck at a value of 1000, and won't activate any probes because it is already triggered.

It seems to be a connection issue of some sort, as when I tap the board or nozzle, the blue light does light up, indicating that it is sensing, but that information is no longer passing up to the main board?

In other news, the web server won't roll back to DW2, as it seems to be missing. Perhaps that is by design.

Sean Tapscott

Return to “Duet”