What is in your tool chest?

A place for the physical connections
wepollock
Printmaster!

What is in your tool chest?

Post by wepollock »

The crimping tools I am using have allot to be desired. I was looking at Molex tools and no thank you, I am not buying a multi hundred dollar crimping tool. I just purchased an "Engineer PA-09"; what are you using..

PS I am interested in the "best of" tools others are using.
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: What is in your tool chest?

Post by Xenocrates »

I use Tri-crimps from Powerwerx for most different crimp connectors, since they are comfortable and reasonably cheap (And most of the other tools aren't meant to crimp power poles, so I'll take it and the interchangeable anvils). For the .1" pitch connectors, I use the cheap ones from Hansen Hobbies, and I've not had too bad of luck with it, having crimped enough to assemble two+ printers (Original connectors, then adapters from those to Duet, so nearly enough for 3).

As for a best of, I'm very fond of the Wera maintence screwdriver sets. For around 65$, you get insulated screwdrivers with nice handles, making it slightly less likely for you to do something like short the heater voltage while tightening the terminals if you're crazy or forgetful and are playing around in the electronics bay live.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
forrie
Printmaster!

Post by forrie »

I also have the Engineer PA-09. They work really nice....
I'm not an alcoholic...I'm Australian!
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

I bought the IWISS 28B, Ratcheting crimpers off of Amazon. They work really well. http://a.co/jiewv7g
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2

Return to “Nuts and Bolts”