Oils ain't oils, Saul

Here's a place to share with others local to you
Captain Starfish
Printmaster!

Oils ain't oils, Saul

Post by Captain Starfish »

Or Filaments ain't Filaments.

We've been having some serious issues with the CreatBot at work and, despite being fairly careful with cash (ok, so I'm the Tightarse Mayor from Dontspenditville), I realised that the easiest/cheapest thing to try after work hour labour got involved was to switch filament.

First port of call was my filament pimp of choice, McSlappy at DooDadDoes. Gimme some of the good stuff!

He made it even easier by sending over a sample. No minties in this packet but forgiven because his primo ABS almost solved the jamming/starvation issues we have been having since day one using the Creatbot filament. And with zero effort or tweaking required.

I am damned impressed - at only twenty bucks or so a roll more than the cheapest shite I've been able to source, this stuff goes on like butter and behaves beautifully. And once again impressed at how at least one vendor in 'straya still understands the concept of good customer service.

Wow.

I shall be talking with the guys tomorrow and recommending that we chuck the crap we have in favour of a few rolls of this ASAP.

McSlappy, when you get the chance I still reckon your website could do with some photos - this is why the good stuff is worth it. So obvious on the prints.
forrie
Printmaster!

Re: Oils ain't oils, Saul

Post by forrie »

I have to agree with you Capt'n...

McSlappy has the good stuff :D
I'm not an alcoholic...I'm Australian!
McSlappy
Printmaster!

Post by McSlappy »

Man I need to check here more often :)

Thanks Captain for taking the time and posting here, you made me smile.

Apologies on the minties - we totally should have included them!

You'll be pleased to know that the price of the the Premium Aussie filament is now $45 instead of $49 for a 1kg roll. Believe me I have a house in Dontspenditville, I'm always looking for that cheaper option on gumtree or ebay. In the case of the Aussie filament, it's worth every cent!

Yes you're right again, I should get some prints up there and show off what it can do.
I should also get you to do a review on the colours you've tried, since I'm sorely lacking any reviews on the site.

Thanks too forrie for the vote of confidence. Sometimes I do wonder whether people like the filament as much as I do, so it's lovely to hear affirmative :)

Let me know if I can help further, or if anyone wants more samples.

Isaac
I loved my Rostock so much I now sell them in Oz :)
craftymethod
Printmaster!

Post by craftymethod »

Hey Mcslappy, Im still chewing through that old economy PLA, goes a lot better than that 1kg roll of grey, think I got it elsewhere, I find it cloggs the nozzle pretty easy and requires a pull out and reset.

Might need to check out the rolls of Aussie stuff, Printing those dog rock models at a crazy pace atm. haha
McSlappy
Printmaster!

Post by McSlappy »

I'll send you some of the Aussie stuff to try out if you'd like, how many metres does it take to make the Dog Rock?
I loved my Rostock so much I now sell them in Oz :)

Return to “Australia and New Zealand”