For sale. New RoStock Max V2 + E3D V6 + upgrades (UK)

Do you print/build/make/create 'stuff' for modifying SeeMeCNC machines? Post them here if you do so others can see and inquire about getting them!
Stevolution
Printmaster!

For sale. New RoStock Max V2 + E3D V6 + upgrades (UK)

Post by Stevolution »

For sale
RoStock Max V2 3D printer with E3d V6 hot end upgrade

Purchased 15th September 2015

A very carefully assembled and modified RoStock Max V2 printer. No expense spared when building it.
It is only completed 3 days and 12:24 minutes of printing (264 metres of filament – mainly ABS). And most of this was upgrades for the printer!

Its the new style carriages which seemed to perform very well.

Installed a modular Corsair 750w PSU at the beginning. The extra power helps with heating and makes for a much tidier installation.

The print head is mounted on a set of carbon fibre 300mm arms (ordered from TrickLaser - USA), along with the correct carriage for the E3D V6 hot end.
The E3D V6 hot end is supplied with the standard 0.4mm nozzle.

Astrodyn dampers fitted on all the stepper motors.

Upgraded cable size on the hot bed.
I also fitted anti-backlash bands on them.

Full RGB led lighting throughout, controlled by a pair of IR remote controls. Lighting mounting in both the top and bottom enclosures.
Also a custom Arduino driven Adafruit 24 RGB Led ring mounted under the hot end. This monitors the chassis RGB leds and copies their colour. I usually have it set to white to help with monitoring the print.
They do strobe very slightly, but that is due to the data speed of the Arduino Mini Pro that runs them. It really doesn’t make much of an impact on their performance.
You could always wire them to be simply 'On' if you wished (I can tell you how to do that).

There is a 12v supply at the top of the printer, ready for a motorised spool dispenser (an upgrade I was going to add later).

There is a relay board inside connected to the RGB leds, This allows you to totally isolate the leds from the internal RGB controller (by applying 12v to one of the pins), and control them from an exterior RGB led controller. This was so that I could mount a touchscreen controller on a cabinet and have the colours controlled from there as an option.

The RGB ring is held in position by 3x ABS printed fan ducts for part cooling. These house 3x 30mm fans that can run at full 100% and not take heat away from the hot end.
I also fitted a 40mm cooling fan in a printed ABS case on the extruder stepper motor.
There is a spare temp sensor mounted on he RGB ring. The connections for this run to the 25 way socket on the side of the printer. This was for future use (I was going to have it display the ambient temp at the print head).

I also installed a panel mounted USB port on the side to allow the USB to be removed. There is a short USB lead inside the machine to the Rambo.

All connections at the hot end are removable. Also included in the RoStock stock hot end (assembled but never used).

On the side (by the USB port) is a 25 way ‘D’ plug. This is wired for remote control of the RGB leds + 12v for remote equipment. I will supply a diagram of the wiring if you want to use it.
Also, there is a 5 pin programming port for the Arduino Pro Mini that runs the 24 RGB led ring.

All the chassis edges are primed and painted metallic blue, as are the carriages on the XYZ pillars.
All then finished with a coat of lacquer.

Other improvements include an Illuminated on/off switch and all the internal cables are heat-shrink covered.

I will also include:
The remaining roll of 1kg 1.75mm ABS
The remaining roll of 1kg 1.75mm PLA (Barely used)
4x Large sticks of UHU adhesive
1x Roll of 50mm Kapton tape
The box of spare parts (leads, the original carriage arms etc)

It is a lovely machine and works very well. The heated bed seems nice and level and the print accuracy seems very good.

Would prefer collection due to the nature of the item, but willing to deliver if it’s not too far to travel or willing to meet half way. If its over an hour away, then perhaps something towards fuel.
I don't think postage is an option as its far too fragile.

The kit was £900, the Corsair PSU was £70, Trick laser stuff over £150 (shipping and import tax!!! Wow), E3d V6 - £70... Paint - £65... and the cost of sundries just runs away.

This has been put together VERY carefully and neatly. All the internal wiring is sleeved and clipped.

I simply do not have the time required to put into this printer. It is basically going to sit here and not get used – which is a shame.
Well over £1,500 has gone on this project so far.

So I would like £1100, but please feel free to make a sensible offer.
Ask any questions! [email protected]

I am based in Stockton on Tees (North east UK)
Attachments
20151101_154235.jpg
20151101_154321.jpg
20151101_154410.jpg
20151128_171809.jpg
20151101_154155.jpg
20151101_154145.jpg
Last edited by Stevolution on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stevolution
Printmaster!

Re: For sale. New RoStock Max V2 + E3D V6 + upgrades (UK)

Post by Stevolution »

Rambo...
Attachments
20151012_230255_001.jpg
20151012_230407.jpg
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

That really is a nicely assembled printer.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
Stevolution
Printmaster!

Post by Stevolution »

Ugraded a few bits on the printer. Still needs to go, but seeing as I had these parts.... might as well fit them.

New ventilation fan on the side of the chassis.

Laser stop system (my own design) on the hotplate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qurxaVsJYio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dropped it to £1000

Anyone interested, let me know and make an offer

Steve
Attachments
20160109_180016[1].jpg
Stevolution
Printmaster!

Post by Stevolution »

OK. Also now included is a new, part used roll of E3d PETG black 1.75mm filament.
Its got a few more printing hours on it (not many more), but its essentially the same.

Make an offer, it has to go!

Return to “Members Marketplace”