Anyone interested in doing some commissioned test prints?

Do you print/build/make/create 'stuff' for modifying SeeMeCNC machines? Post them here if you do so others can see and inquire about getting them!
sroho
Noob

Anyone interested in doing some commissioned test prints?

Post by sroho »

G’day everyone,

I’ve been spending a bit of time doing due diligence prior to purchasing my first 3d printer, and the Rostock Max V2 really looks like it’s the most attractive option. I am looking at using the printer for some experimentation with specific applications related to dentistry, so the accuracy and precision is really important.

Everything I’ve read and watched confirms that the Rostock has what I need, but I’d like to be 100% sure prior to taking the plunge.

I’m wondering if anyone here would be interested in doing some paid prints for me? Ideally you would have a fine tip nozzle, and a few different filament options — and hopefully be able to tweak settings if necessary to be able to produce some models that will be about as good as the Rostock can achieve. I would be happy to organise remuneration in advance either through Paypal or BTC.

Hopefully one of you is keen -- I'm really looking forward to getting involved and kicking the pebble off the maintain.
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Re: Anyone interested in doing some commissioned test prints

Post by BenTheRighteous »

bitcoin, wooo!

I'm not saying I'm your guy, but I'd be interested to see what models you're looking to get printed.

Are you looking for a sample size of just one or would you be interested in comparing different peoples' prints to get an idea of the average?
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
sroho
Noob

Post by sroho »

Hi Ben,
Are you looking for a sample size of just one or would you be interested in comparing different peoples' prints to get an idea of the average?
I'm more interested in seeing what the Rostock can do as a baseline, rather than try to compare individuals prints. The print I'd like to run is an STL made with a scan of a conventional stone dental model.

What setup are you running?
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Post by BenTheRighteous »

I have a pretty heavily modified Rostock Max v2. It's got trick laser's trick trucks and carbon fiber arms, jfettig's enclosure, and 2 e3d v6's set up for dual extrusion (dissolvable HIPS support, woo!). I do happen to have a 0.25mm nozzle as well, which AFAIK is about as small as they come.

So on one hand if you wanted to see what a machine like mine with a bunch of upgrades can do, I'm happy to help!

On the other hand, you might be more interested to see what your experience would be like "out of the box" before you spend a bunch of time and money on upgrades. If that's the case then I totally understand, but someone else will have to step up to the plate!

When you say filament options, did you have something in mind specifically? Most people have PLA and ABS, but there's also PET, nylon, and all the exotics like wood, stainless steel, ninjaflex... I'm sure not all those are applicable for you, but just wondering what your thoughts were.
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
Holy1
Printmaster!

Post by Holy1 »

I may interested. I have a stock machine with the carbon fiber arms upgrade. Have you looked into what material you would like to print in?

Thanks
Tony
Orion to Cartesian http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
draw-tech
Printmaster!

Post by draw-tech »

I am a retired mechanical designer, machinist, fabricator, now working with plastic. I just finished a project that required a 2.125-20 working threads, male and female. I use Autodesk Inventor, which makes scaling pretty easy. I have been able to hold a tolerance in the thousands of an inch. Here is a link to a Harley Davidson Knucklehead Motor. Will stand about 8 inches high, when finished. First I am going to print the whole motor in plastic. Link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdkcsw ... SJorrhnq9A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I have all the equipment to clean up the printed pieces.

Jack
Draw-tech

Return to “Members Marketplace”