Makerbot Replicator Gen-5 for sale

Do you print/build/make/create 'stuff' for modifying SeeMeCNC machines? Post them here if you do so others can see and inquire about getting them!
CRPerryJr
Printmaster!

Makerbot Replicator Gen-5 for sale

Post by CRPerryJr »

[img]http://www.perrydice.com/images/07320001.JPG[/img]

Looking to sell my Makerbot Replicator Gen 5. Works great, just not what I was looking for. I now have a Rostock Max V2. :)

This is the second time I'm posting this, due to a buyer on Ebay hosing me over and costing me over $500.00 in shipping and used expendables. (Smart Extruders)

If interested, please see the Craigslist Ad linked below. I'll knock $100.00 off for someone who says they saw it here on the SeeMeCNC forums.

3D Printer-Makerbot Replicator Gen-5

Item located south of Flint, Michigan. Asking $1500.00 or best. ($1400.00 for SeeMeCNC forum members.)

Or, if you know of a non-profit organization that could use a donated printer, I'll be happy to donate it for the tax credit. I'm just tired of the thing, and it's costing me more than it's worth trying to sell it.

Thanks!
Rob
Last edited by CRPerryJr on Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SeeMeCNC Rostock Max V2
Makerbot Replicator Gen 5
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Makerbot Replicator Gen-5 for sale

Post by Nylocke »

You likely won't generate a lot of interest around here. Most of us bought a MAX or Orion over a Makerbot printer for various reasons, and with that Smartextruder gimmick they pulled theres not a lot of positive feelings towards them in general. Good luck in finding a buyer though, hopefully they have luck with it.
CRPerryJr
Printmaster!

Post by CRPerryJr »

I agree with you Nylocke. Hence the reason I bought a Max V2. Thanks much for the well wishes!
SeeMeCNC Rostock Max V2
CRPerryJr
Printmaster!

Post by CRPerryJr »

Well, the buyer who bought this printer had problems trying to print ABS. (It doesn't print ABS), and Ebay said I had to refund him the money because I didn't say in the listing it wouldn't print ABS. (Item not as described.) So it's back, and I'm out a chunk of change for shipping there and back, and the 2 new smart extruders he opened and tried to use. Lesson learned.... And I'm deleting my Ebay account of over 18 years.

So if anyone knows of a nonprofit organization that could use this Makerbot Printer, I'll gladly donate it for the tax credit. (But I'm not paying for shipping again!)

Thanks!
Rob
SeeMeCNC Rostock Max V2
IMBoring25
Printmaster!

Post by IMBoring25 »

Sounds like "Item as not described," rather than, "Item not as described," to me. Lousy precedent to have to list everything an item WON'T do...
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Post by BenTheRighteous »

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I've also had rotten experiences selling on eBay, and I refuse to use them at all cost.

I also avoid PayPal when I can but unfortunately they are the de facto standard of online payments for now. (I'll pass on the opportunity to plug bitcoin, for now...)

Whatever you wind up doing, I hope you have better luck from here on out.
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
CRPerryJr
Printmaster!

Post by CRPerryJr »

thanks Ben & IMBoring. I really appreciate it, and I agree with you on all counts! Bitcoin included. :)
SeeMeCNC Rostock Max V2

Return to “Members Marketplace”